Lake County COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant
Legacy FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $15,000
Fields of work: Health Insurance Emergency Medical Care & Services Economic Services & Development Senior Services Child Care Services Food Access & Hunger Human & Social Services Health Care Access & Delivery Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Lake County, Indiana
Location of residency: Lake County, IndianaView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Grant applications will be due weekly every Sunday by midnight and decisions will be made that week. Legacy Foundation may respond sooner if possible.
Legacy Foundation works for Lake County in multiple ways. For donors, the Foundation offers an effective way to manage giving. For the community, the Foundation serves as a grant-maker, a civic leader, and awards grants to the region’s non-profits to help meet community needs, fulfill donors’ philanthropic wishes, and strengthen the nonprofit sector.
The Emergency Response Grant is managed and reviewed in partnership with Crown Point Community Foundation and Foundations of East Chicago.
Emergency Response Grant Guidelines
Legacy Foundation has partnered with the Crown Point Community Foundation and the Foundations of East Chicago to establish the Lake County COVID-19 Emergency Response Funds to assist our community in these difficult times. This grant funding will take a multi-phased approach as the impact of the outbreak unfolds. In the near term, the Fund will prioritize the following services related to the increased demand as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The elderly and other high-risk populations
- Low income residents experiencing short term financial crisis due to loss of work/missed work (laid off, quarantined, unable to work due to lack of child care, etc.)
- Residents who are food insecure
- Supplies to support emergency response
- Residents who have no medical insurance or are underinsured
- Healthcare and emergency response workers in need of protective gear and equipment
- Physical and emotional well-being of children and youth
- Heating, water, rent, and mortgage assistance
The number of future grant awards will be dependent on the funds raised through the COVID-19 Response Funds and the evolving needs over time. We anticipate funding through a multi-phased approach that will continue throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.