Emerging Philanthropist Grant Program
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities
Grant amount: US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 1, 2019 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Cumberland County, Dauphin County, Perry County, York County
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Pennsylvania: Cumberland County, Dauphin County, Perry County, York County Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Emerging Philanthropist Program (EPP) is a joint project of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC) and Harrisburg Young Professionals (HYP) that provides opportunities for emerging leaders in the Harrisburg community to become actively engaged with the power of philanthropy.
The Emerging Philanthropist Program seeks to engage Harrisburg’s emerging business and community leaders with the great possibilities that lie within philanthropic endeavors in Harrisburg. The program helps emerging philanthropists answer such questions as: What does it mean to be philanthropic?; How do I understand the needs of our community?; and What can I do to make an impact? Additionally, The Emerging Philanthropist Program provides resources and educational opportunities for Harrisburg’s developing leaders who wish to be actively engaged in giving back to their community.
Click here for more information on the Emerging Philanthropist Program.
Each year the EPP program will announce the funding priority to be used to guide its grantmaking. In 2018, the EPP program will focus upon and work towards decreasing childhood poverty by eliminating barriers to education. To address this mission, EPP invites nonprofits organizations to submit applications that will work to decrease childhood poverty by eliminating barriers to education. Proposed projects and/or programs must take place in the Harrisburg and surrounding areas and preference will be given to proposals serving children ages birth-10 years of age.
- EPP participants will give priority to programs with a proven track record of success in the focus areas and that can demonstrate measurable outcomes.
- Select applicants will be asked to complete an interview and/or a site visit with the EPP participants prior to the grant being awarded.
Size of Grants
One (1) $5,000 grant will be awarded to the chosen organization.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must either be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, or have a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization act as a fiscal sponsor for the proposed project.
- EPP is unable to fund 100% of any project.
- What we do not fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Emerging Philanthropist Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.