Emerging Philanthropists of Color Grant
Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
Grant amount: US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Aug 31, 2019 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Erie County, Niagara County
Location of residency: New York, Counties in New York: Erie County, Niagara CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to helping donors make the most of their generosity. Since 1919, the Community Foundation has managed endowment funds for individuals, families and organizations, and is currently home to over 800 named funds.
Clients choose to work with the Community Foundation because of the flexibility it provides them when directing their gifts, its sound management of clients’ charitable assets, and its deep knowledge of community needs and grantmaking.
Clients who establish their charitable named funds with the Community Foundation direct their giving in three ways:
- To support specific organizations
- To support specific issues
- To support the community’s changing needs
Two grants of $2,500 each will be awarded.
Applicants may apply for one award to enhance an existing project/program or to create a new project/program. Grant applications will be reviewed and awarded by the Emerging Philanthropists of Color members. Finalists must make a three-minute presentation and may answer follow-up questions in support of their project/program.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations are eligible for an award by meeting the following requirements:
- Organization has tax exempt status (in good standing) under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organization has an operating budget of less than $1,000,000.
- Organization’s work has a positive impact on people of color in the city of Buffalo, Niagara Falls, or Lackawanna.
- Organization’s proposed project respects and promotes diversity AND one (1) or more of the following:
- Improves educational achievement for low-income students
- Increases racial/ethnic equity
- Enhances and leverage significant natural resources
- Strengthens the region as a center for architecture, arts, and culture
- The Emerging Philanthropists of Color will not consider funding for:
- Higher education scholarships (separate application, deadlines, and process)
- Religious purposes
- Projects outside Buffalo, Niagara Falls, and Lackawanna
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Annual events or festivals
- Any partisan political activity. Funds from the foundation cannot be used to support or oppose a candidate for political office.
- Projects and activities already completed.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Emerging Philanthropists of Color Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.