ECF of Boeing Washington: Puget Sound
Employees Community Fund of Boeing Puget SoundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $40,000
Next anticipated deadline: May 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Nov 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Washington: Island County, King County, Kitsap County, Pierce County, Skagit County, Snohomish County, Thurston County, Whatcom County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Washington: Island County, King County, Kitsap County, Pierce County, Skagit County, Snohomish County, Thurston County, Whatcom County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: CALL FIRST! If you are seeking a Supporting Grant and wish to apply during one of the Open Application Periods, call the ECF Program Officer to discuss your request and obtain an invitation code to access the online application.
ECF of Boeing Washington: Puget Sound
The Employees Community Fund of Boeing Puget Sound (ECF) is a pooled fund consisting of recurring payroll contributions from generous Boeing employees. ECF is managed by a Board of Trustees made up of eight employees elected by the donors.
ECF funds equipment, renovations and capital campaigns. ECF seeks the “direct client benefit” of each grant to ensure that our employees’ contributions directly help those in need.
The Employees Community Fund should not be confused with The Boeing Company. They are two separate funding entities with different focus areas.
Consideration is given to nonprofits that are performing well and are seeking to upgrade, replace or modify elements of their infrastructure. These grants help agencies continue to effectively provide services and enhance their direct client benefit by aiding them in procuring items and equipment such as (but not limited to):
- Equipment (office, kitchen, industrial, furniture, etc.)
- Vehicles used to support clients and/or transport food & goods
- Phone systems
- Remodels and/or renovations (must own, or hold at least a 10-year lease)
- Purchase or construction of new buildings
- Computers for direct client benefit/use
Grant Amount: Supporting grants generally do not exceed $40,000. The request amount cannot be more than 10% of an agency’s gross annual revenues.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- ECF makes grants to 501(c)3 Health & Human Service nonprofits such as food banks, job-training programs, shelters, transitional housing, mental health services, low-income medical clinics, youth programs.
- Agencies applying to ECF must meet our anti-discrimination policies, as follows:
- The agency's services must be open to all members of the community regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, and presence of disability, ability to pay or other background. Prioritizing agency services and targeting therapeutic programs to specific target populations is expected and will not disqualify an agency from consideration.
- The agency must not discriminate against its staff or volunteers based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, and presence of disability, or other background, unless justified for the protection and welfare of the recipients/agency.
- Geographical Region: Supporting grants will be considered for agencies in eight Puget Sound counties: King, Snohomish, Pierce, Whatcom, Skagit, Island, Kitsap and Thurston.
- If annual revenues of an organization applying for a grant are greater than or equal to $3M, an independent audit prepared by a CPA must be submitted with the application, except for organizations not required by the IRS to prepare them
- All organizations applying for a grant must submit an IRS 990 with the grant application, except organizations not required by the IRS to submit them (such as a church)
- Churches with a distinct,separate Health & Human service program that is open to those of any or no faith, and which do not proselytize in exchange for services, may be considered
- ECF does NOT fund:
- A grant that requests more than 10% of an agency’s gross annual revenue
- Agency operating costs
- Agency that has been a 501c3 for less than three years
- Agency whose mission is either “Pro-Life” or “Pro-Choice.” The issue is too divisive.
- Agency with annual revenues less than $150,000
- Animal welfare nonprofits
- Arts, Cultural, Civic and Environmental nonprofits
- Fundraising foundations (ECF supports nonprofits that are the direct-client provider)
- Fundraising efforts (including thrift shops) and agency advertising
- Hospital capital drives
- Hospitals or other medical organizations with revenues greater than $50,000,000
- Medical research
- National fund drives
- Paying off debt
- Public and Private schools
- Recreational activities (Little Leagues, etc.)
- Reimbursement for equipment already purchased or built
- Seed money grants for new programs
- Specialized software for administrative use
- Tax-supported institutions (police and fire departments, city parks, libraries, etc.)
- Vehicles for use by agency staff
- Warranties and equipment maintenance
- ECF does not fund “umbrella” organizations for nonprofits who are not yet registered as 501(c)3’s
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ECF of Boeing Washington: Puget Sound by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.