RGS-IBG: Environment and Sustainability Research Grants
Royal Geographical SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: £10,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 22, 2021
Fields of work: Sustainability Geography Energy Water Resource Management
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher, Faculty
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save
The Environment and Sustainability Research Grants are for individuals or teams led by a researcher, to support projects investigating some of the bigger issues of environmental sustainability. This could include, but is not limited to, water and development, energy security, and urban migration.
Four awards of £ 10 ,000 are available for projects that clearly demonstrate the ability to advance geographical knowledge and to have potential impact beyond the academy.
Learning and Leading Fieldwork Apprenticeships
Additional funding of £2,000 may be made available if you are able to take a first year geography undergraduate from your university into the field with you, to enable them to gain experience as a fieldwork apprentice. The Learning and Leading Fieldwork Apprenticeships aim to support those students who would not normally benefit from such opportunities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants are expected to hold a PhD at the time of application
- Lead applicants must be within 10 years of completing their PhD
- Applicants may be of any nationality but must be affiliated with a UK Higher Education Institution.
- The project can focus on the UK, other parts of Europe, or overseas
- Individuals or groups can apply.
- If funding is being sought for a component part of a larger project, the sub - project should be free - standing with its own objectives.
- Replacement costs for teaching assistance to free up research time of the principal investigator may be considered.
- Preference is given to projects with a substantial field component, although lab, desk or archive-based projects may also be considered.
- Salaries for research staff are not eligible for funding.
- Conference attendance will not be funded.
- Institutional overheads will not be funded.
- The Society will not fund projects that take place in countries or within an area where the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all travel before the project goes into the field.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the RGS-IBG: Environment and Sustainability Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.