Environment Yukon: Environmental Awareness Fund
Grant amount: Up to C $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 13, 2019 4:45pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Environment Yukon manages the preservation and maintenance of a biologically diverse natural environment and the sustainable use and conservation of natural resources. We can’t do it alone and that’s why we created the Environmental Awareness Fund.
The $30,000 Environmental Awareness Fund supports the efforts of groups and clubs to educate the public about Yukon’s natural environment, promote conservation and biodiversity, and encourage sustainable use of fish, wildlife and their habitat.
Environment Yukon takes a leading role in:
- regulating and enforcing safe standards for air, water, and soil;
- managing human impacts on fish and wildlife;
- providing quality outdoor recreation opportunities in territorial parks and campgrounds;
- and in addressing the challenge of global climate change.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who can apply: a registered NGO in good standing under the Societies Act.
- A non-governmental organization (NGO) as defined in G.A.M Policy 1.16 is a, "Yukon registered not-for-profit agency in good standing, that is not a level of government and is not a product of legislation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Council of Yukon First Nations will not be considered to be an NGO for the purpose of this policy."
- What can be funded: Educational camps, brochures, surveys, video productions, public lectures, and similar kinds of activities.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Environment Yukon: Environmental Awareness Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.