Environmental & Animal Welfare Grants
Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2018 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jan 22, 2019 2:00pm PST (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: New London County, Connecticut
Location of residency: ConnecticutView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Peter Grayson Letz Fund for Animals and the Environment was established in 2014 to benefit domestic animals and wildlife, as well as environmental education and conservation in New London County through grants to nonprofit organizations. The Josephine and Gabriel Sacco Fund for Animals supports organizations that provide for the care and comfort of animals in the Town of Groton. Additional funding through the P.A.W. (People for Animals & Wildlife) Fund, and the Jacqueline and Marc Chadourne Fund supports animal welfare priorities in New London County, Connecticut.
Areas of Interest
Preserve the Environment
- Foster understanding of and promote action on the relationship between the health of the natural world and the health and well-being of our residents.
- Priority given to programs that:
- Preserve and protect environmentally significant land, waterways and wildlife habitats for the benefit of the ecosystem and for the well-being, health, livelihood and enjoyment of residents
- Engage youth in environmental education and activities in natural settings as they learn to become good stewards of their environment.
- Make the connection between mental and physical health and exposure to the natural world.
- Grants between $10,000 and $50,000.
Advance Animal Welfare
- Ensure adequate protection, care and humane treatment of animals and wildlife.
- Priority given to programs that:
- Provide assistance for veterinary care for domestic animals and/or wildlife, especially spay and neuter services.
- Encourage responsible pet ownership and adoptions of abandoned animals.
- Rehabilitate wildlife for return to natural habitats.
- Make positive connections between humans and animals (i.e. therapeutic riding programs, canine literacy buddies, inmate rehabilitation, etc.).
- Grants between $5,000 and $35,000.
Grants will be awarded for new initiatives, special projects or existing programs that address one or more of the purposes listed above.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants must be for the benefit of New London County, CT residents, communities and/or animals.
- Grants may be requested for multi-year projects.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations with a 501 (c)(3) designation from the IRS, or organizations using a nonprofit fiscal agent, and municipal or governmental agencies.
- Preference will be given to programs that are collaborative in nature, regional in scope and are rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches.
- Priority also will be given for proposals which benefit lower income communities or animals at greatest risk.
- Funding will not be considered for projects that are typically supported by public funds.
- The Fund will not support individuals, routine operating expenses, capital campaigns, litigation, deficit funding, endowment campaigns, for-profit organizations or religious programming.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Environmental & Animal Welfare Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.