Community Investment Grants
Marathon Petroleum Corporation / Marathon Petroleum FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Kenai Peninsula Borough, Alaska, Counties in California: Contra Costa County, Los Angeles County, Washington County, Minnesota, McKinley County, New Mexico, Counties in North Dakota: Morton County, Stark County, Counties in Texas: Bexar County, El Paso County, Salt Lake County, Utah, Skagit County, Washington Other eligible locations: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Kenai Peninsula Borough, Alaska, Counties in California: Contra Costa County, Los Angeles County, Washington County, Minnesota, McKinley County, New Mexico, Counties in North Dakota: Morton County, Stark County, Counties in Texas: Bexar County, El Paso County, Salt Lake County, Utah, Skagit County, Washington Other eligible locations: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Marathon Petroleum Foundation, Inc.
The Marathon Petroleum Foundation strategically focuses its community investments on three core areas where it can make a positive, measurable impact: science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education, environmental conservation/sustainability and public safety.
From engineers to pipefitters, chemists to accountants, IT specialists to welders, MPC’s success relies on our ability to recruit and retain employees with exceptional STEM-related skills. Our goal is to invest in STEM-related initiatives that better prepare middle school, high school and career/technical education students for professional and academic success by increasing access to high-quality educational resources and instruction.
Environmental Conservation and Sustainability
Consistent with our commitment to protecting the environment is supporting community programs involving conservation and sustainability. MPC supports government agencies; environmental and community groups; and trade, professional and industry associations devoted to efforts that protect, conserve and sustain our environmental resources. These efforts may include recycling initiatives, clean-ups, educational programs, the construction of nature trails and research projects.
Health and safety is a core value at MPC. We are committed to operating our operations in a manner that promotes the health and safety of our employees and customers, and we are focused on making our communities stronger, safer places to live, work and play.
We provide funding, equipment and support to first responders, government agencies and community-based organizations to increase the overall safety of the communities where we operate. Preference is given to projects and organizations that help communities better prepare for, mitigate the risks of and respond to disasters, hazards and emergencies.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to receive charitable support from MPC or the Marathon Petroleum Foundation, organizations must be both:
- Incorporated in the United States
- Recognized as a nonprofit organization by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code or as part of a federal, state, local or tribal government as provided by Section 170(c)(1) of the Code
- Our preference is to support programs and projects with measurable outcomes that are most closely aligned with our community investment strategy and focus areas, and that serve the communities where we have a significant presence.
- Our regions are as follows below.
- El Paso, TX (west TX and southeast NM)
- Gallup, NM (central and northern NM)
- Mountain (CO, ID, UT and WY)
- Northern CA
- Northern Great Plains (ND, SD and MT)
- Pacific NW (WA and OR)
- St. Paul Park (MN and WI)
- San Antonio, TX
- Southern CA
- Neither MPC nor the Marathon Petroleum Foundation will make charitable contributions to any of the following:
- For-profit entities
- Political parties, candidates and organizations
- Fraternal, labor, athletic, alumni and social organizations and their related foundations
- Chambers of commerce and other business leagues or organizations
- Private foundations and foundations classified as supporting organizations by the IRS
- Organizations that do not comply with the USA Patriot Act
- Churches, mosques, synagogues or other houses of worship and related ecumenical groups
- Organizations that discriminate against others based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religious preference, mental and/or physical abilities, marital or parental status, military-veteran status or any other status or condition protected by law
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Investment Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.