EQT Foundation Grant Program
Next predicted deadline: Aug 1, 2023
Later predicted deadlines: Nov 1, 2023, Feb 1, 2024, May 1, 2024
Grant amount: Approximately US $15,000
Fields of work: Firefighting & Fire Prevention Environmental Stewardship Environmental Education STEM Education Community Development & Revitalization Public / Community Art Food Access & Hunger Library Services Music Festivals Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Kentucky: Anderson County, Bath County, Bell County, Boone County, Bourbon County, Boyd County, Boyle County, Bracken County, Breathitt County, Campbell County, Carroll County, Carter County, Clark County, Clay County, Elliott County, Estill County, Fayette County, Fleming County, Floyd County, Franklin County, Gallatin County, Garrard County, Grant County, Greenup County, Harlan County, Harrison County, Henry County, Jackson County, Jessamine County, Johnson County, Kenton County, Knott County, Knox County, Laurel County, Lawrence County, Lee County, Leslie County, Letcher County, Lewis County, Lincoln County, Madison County, Magoffin County, Martin County, Mason County, McCreary County, Menifee County, Mercer County, Montgomery County, Morgan County, Nicholas County, Owen County, Owsley County, Pendleton County, Perry County, Pike County, Powell County, Pulaski County, Robertson County, Rockcastle County, Rowan County, Scott County, Shelby County, Trimble County, Wayne County, Whitley County, Wolfe County, Woodford County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Allegheny County, Greene County, Washington County, Sterling County, Texas, Counties in West Virginia: Doddridge County, Harrison County, Ritchie County, Tyler County, Wetzel County Show all
Location of residency: United States
EQT is proud to be a part of the many communities where we operate, live and work. We believe strongly that giving back is a responsibility, and we’ve stayed true to that belief since the EQT Foundation was established in 2003 as a dedicated resource for financial, in-kind and volunteer support to communities touched by our business.
Since its inception, the EQT Foundation has awarded more than $60 million to nonprofits throughout the operational footprint of EQT Corporation. We are committed to supporting the education and training of children and adults; the development of diverse, livable communities; and preserving our natural environments.
The EQT Foundation believes in meaningful engagement with the communities it calls home and takes great pride in being a responsible and responsive corporate citizen. The EQT Foundation focuses its resources on areas that have a direct effect on the stability of communities and, in turn, contribute to the success of its business operations in those areas.
The EQT Foundation’s funding strategy endorses programs that directly impact the community and its residents, rather than fundraising initiatives designed to support general operating expenses. The Foundation supports projects that demonstrate positive, significant, measurable and sustainable impacts, preferring proposals grounded in solid research and analysis that demonstrate creative approaches to addressing critical issues. The EQT Foundation also seeks evidence of:
- Geographic setting that aligns with EQT Corporation’s business locations;
- Ability to manage available resources effectively; and
- Outreach that gains solid public recognition and support for the nonprofit, its programs and sponsors.
The Foundation’s funding priorities are:
Encourage the development of diverse, safe, healthy, and sustainable communities, which can help to retain residential, commercial and economic growth.
Examples: artistic programs, food banks, libraries, farmers markets, volunteer fire departments, community festivals.
Education & Workforce
Promote proficiency in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) topics for youth, as well as training programs to create a future skilled workforce.
Examples: In-school STEM-based curricula, computer and science camps, project-based learning, career planning and preparation
Support the preservation of natural resources, and educate children, residents, and businesses to employ conservation techniques to minimize adverse impacts on the environment.
Examples: community gardens, watershed conservation, environmental education, preservation and restoration of green spaces
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Institutions, organizations, or groups that are tax exempt under IRS section 501(c)(3).
- The EQT Foundation gives in:
- Pennsylvania (mostly Southwestern PA – Allegheny, Greene, and Washington counties);
- West Virginia (northwestern portions of the state – Doddridge, Harrison, Ritchie, Tyler, and Wetzel counties);
- Parts of eastern Kentucky; and
- Sterling County, Texas.
- The Foundation will not consider proposals for the following:
- Institutions, organizations or groups that are not tax exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3)
- Capital campaigns or costs, including endowments, new construction, building renovations, mortgages/rents, etc.
- Churches or other organizations whose purpose promotes a particular religion or creed
- Political parties, candidates or public policy advocates
- For-profit activities, businesses, associations or organizations
- Tax-supported entities, including public schools
- Fraternal, social, union or hobby/recreational clubs or organizations
- Before/after school programs
- Personnel costs
- Sporting events, including charity golf outings
- Mentorship programs (other than ASPIRE, EQT’s student scholarship and mentor program)
- Scholarship programs (other than those historically supported by EQT)
- Emergency or stop-gap funding
- Organizations located outside of the United States
- Organizations whose mission, operating philosophy or activities are in direct conflict with EQT company policy and could potentially damage the company’s reputation or could result in negative publicity for the company
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”