Equinox Foundation Grant
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $30,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 10, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Idaho: Bonner County, Boundary County
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Idaho: Bonner County, Boundary County Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Innovia Foundation works closely with nonprofit organizations and others throughout the region to identify and respond to a wide range of community issues and opportunities. This might be as complex as collaborating with community leaders on a long-range plan for neighborhood preservation, or as basic as funding a program to provide shoes for children from low-income families. In all cases, Innovia Foundation looks to fund solutions that will create measurable, positive change in our region.
Equinox Foundation Grant Program
The Equinox Foundation is partnering with Innovia Foundation to provide a grant program for the benefit of the communities in Bonner and Boundary counties of North Idaho. This family foundation was founded on the values of wisdom, integrity and environmental stewardship.
This program will consider applications from nonprofit organizations addressing a variety of program areas, including:
- Education and youth development
- Arts and culture
- Economic opportunity
- Health and wellbeing
- Quality of life
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Public charity with tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or federally recognized tribe.
- Under certain circumstances, applications from public entities such as school districts, municipalities or unincorporated groups or associations may be considered.
- In all cases, the applicant organization/program must have a clear charitable purpose.
- Requests from locally based organizations are given preference over organizations whose center of operations and/or governance is located outside of our 20-county region.
- Should you choose to submit an application, you must specifically address how the requested funding will benefit Innovia Foundation service areas and how you will ensure that Innovia Foundation funds will not be used outside our service area.
- Applicants cannot have any delinquent reports for previous grants awarded through all Innovia Foundation’s grant programs.
- Our programs generally do not provide support for:
- Academic or scientific research
- Debt retirement, operating deficits or after-the-fact support
- Direct or grassroots lobbying
- Expenses, including travel expenses to attend conferences, workshops, events or symposia, unless part of a broader capacity building request that improves the organization’s ability to deliver services.
- Publications, radio, video or film production
- Public, private or parochial education institutions (including their foundations) except in special circumstances when support is essential to programs/projects that meet community needs and are not considered standard educational services
- Replacement of lost/expired government funding
- Programs addressing specific diseases or health conditions or other special-interest organizations, except when such support significantly benefits the disadvantaged.
- One-time fundraising events or fundraising campaigns
- Chambers of commerce
- Fraternal organizations
- Organizations or projects that unlawfully discriminate with regard to employees, volunteers, delivery of programs or services, or clients served based on age, sex, religion/creed, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, military or veterans status, pregnancy or genetic information
- Hospitals (including their foundations) except in special circumstances when support is essential to programs/projects that meet community needs
- Universities (including their foundations) except in special circumstances when support is essential to programs/projects that meet community needs
- Governmental agencies except in special circumstances when support is essential to programs/projects that meet community needs
- Programs with religious content. In considering applications for funding from faith-based organizations we will apply the following criteria:
- The program or service to be funded must be open to all members of the community (not just members of the particular faith community applying for funding)
- In the course of providing programs or services, faith-based organizations cannot proselytize, nor require clients to participate in or adopt any specific religious practice or belief.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Equinox Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.