Erb Foundation - Arts Grants
Erb Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Michigan: Macomb County, Oakland County, Wayne County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We will only consider requests from eligible non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations for:
- The development or significant expansion of programs that meet our desired outcomes.
- General operating support for organizations whose core work fits our mission. Matching funds or other conditions may be required for these grants.
Desired Outcome: A culturally vibrant City of Detroit and metropolitan Detroit region where arts contribute to the area’s economic, social and creative well-being.
Arts & Community Life
Desired Outcome: Robust community participation and more attractive, prosperous neighborhoods in Detroit and other economically challenged areas across Metropolitan Detroit, contributing to a stronger region.
The Foundation will consider project support for activities that:
- Strengthen individual neighborhoods through cultural activities and public art;
- Expose and engage residents and audiences in opportunities for creative expression and participation in order to build community, with an emphasis on projects that:
- explore the intersection of arts and the environment, or
- build on the community’s artistic roots and history to support its cultural and economic renaissance; and
- Develop the support infrastructure to help create an economically sustainable arts community.
Desired Outcome: The continuation of Detroit’s strong jazz tradition, and Fred Erb’s legacy of jazz patronage, by educating the next generation of musicians.
The Foundation supports jazz instruction for musically talented, economically challenged youth.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for a grant, your organization must:
- Be recognized as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not a private foundation.
- Have a current financial audit conducted by an independent certified public accountant.
- For organizations with yearly revenues under $500,000, we will accept a financial review in lieu of an audit.
- Have had total revenues of at least $100,000 for the preceding year.
- In policy and practice not discriminate based on age, race, creed, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, and ethnicity.
- Our geographic area is focused on Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties of Michigan, as well as the watersheds impacting those areas.
- We generally do not fund 100% of a program’s cost.
- We will consider multi-year grants where appropriate.
- We generally do not provide support directly to individuals or units of government, nor for loans, grants to support religious activities, capital projects, research (unless solicited by the Foundation), fundraising events, or conferences.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Erb Foundation - Arts Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.