Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust Grants (UK & International)
Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust
Grant amount: Up to £10,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust was founded on the 12th March 1963, to provide a formal structure for Ernest and his family to devote time and resources to charitable activities.
Ernest had two great passions in life: conservation of wildlife and the natural environment, and the encouragement of youth enterprise and outdoor activity. These ideals along with the founding guideline to support the family’s home county of Sussex, still remain core areas of activity.
In approved cases, the trustees will provide one of the following four types of grant support:
One Off Grants - Grants made on a one off basis will be approved approximately every four months, and awarded to start up costs, core costs or for a specific project for which applicants have requested support. This could include a contribution towards a building/refurbishment project, purchase of specialist equipment or other similar capital expenditure, or assistance with running costs.
Conditionally Renewable Grants - Applications for annual support are not encouraged, but conditionally renewable grants might be awarded in exceptional circumstances for up to three years, following which support may be withdrawn to enable resources to be devoted to other projects. Grants can be towards start-up costs, or for a specific item in the applicant’s budget such as a salary, core costs or towards the costs of a particular project. Such grants are subject to satisfactory annual progress reports and only released at the trustees’ sole discretion.
Annual Subscriptions – A proportion of the trustees' annual spend is currently set aside to pay annual subscriptions, predominantly to charities operating in Sussex. Charities added or removed from this list of payments will be notified accordingly, and all payments are subject to satisfactory annual progress reports and submission of annual accounts prior to being released at the trustees’ sole discretion.
Large Grants (over £10,000) - Large grants are approved by the full board of trustees twice a year (normally April and October), and are typically agreed upon when the trustees have a deep understanding and/or a close relationship with the charity, which may have developed over a period of several years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- EKCT supports UK and international charities that are involved in these areas of activity:
- Family Planning
- Wildlife & Environmental Conservation
- Research projects are occasionally considered.
- EKCT gives preference to:
- Charities working in the fields of Wildlife and Environmental Conservation (UK and International)
- Charities operating in the county of Sussex.
- Charities working in the field of Family Planning (UK and International) (to a much lesser extent).
- The Trust does not support individuals or very small and narrowly specialized activities and, equally, it tries to avoid unfocused causes.
- What will normally not be considered for funding:
- Large National charities having substantial fund-raising potential, income from legacies and or endowment income
- Organizations not registered as charities or those that have been registered for less than a year
- Pre-school groups
- Out of school play schemes including pre-school and holiday schemes
- Charities not funded by any other Charity
- Very small and narrowly specialized activities
- Local Authorities
- Individuals or Charities applying on behalf of individuals
- General requests for donations
- Expeditions or overseas travel
- 'Campaigning' organizations
- Charities whose main aim is to raise funds for other charities
- Charities with substantial cash reserves
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust Grants (UK & International) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.