Ernest Rutherford Fellowship
Science & Technology Facilities Council
Grant amount: £1,200 - £3,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 21, 2018 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Ernest Rutherford Fellowships will enable early career researchers with clear leadership potential to establish a strong, independent research programme. They will encourage talented researchers in UK universities to remain in the country and at the same time attract outstanding overseas researchers to the UK.
Each Fellowship will last for five years, with up to 12 being offered annually. The aim is to support future scientific leaders to establish a strong, independent research programme.
Ernest Rutherford Fellowships are intended for early career researchers who do not have an academic position.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have a PhD and a minimum of five years’ research experience from the start of the postgraduate programme leading to the award of a PhD and 1 September of this year with, normally, a minimum of two years’ postdoctoral experience.
- Fellowships are open to applicants of any nationality.
- Applications must fall within the remit of the STFC core Science Programme (astronomy, solar and planetary science, particle physics, particle astrophysics, cosmology, nuclear physics) and afford scope for original work.
- You are not eligible if you currently hold a permanent academic position or the equivalent in institutions other than universities.
- The Ernest Rutherford Grant Funding scheme is no longer available for successful fellowship applicants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ernest Rutherford Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.