Esping Family Foundation Grant
Esping Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Feb 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Apr 1, 2020 (Full proposal), Jul 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Oct 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Dallas County, Texas
Location of residency: Dallas County, TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Esping Family Foundation exists to help people and institutions of Dallas, Texas, specifically Dallas County to help themselves and future generations. Under the terms of its charter, the Foundation can distribute grants only to qualified public entities or 501(c)(3) charities serving the people of Texas.
Grants are made in four categories:
- Human Services;
- Arts and Culture.
Within these categories of giving, there are currently three areas of high interest.
- Improving the educational outcome of Texas children (K-12);
- Children and Families;
- Youth Development.
We look for one or more of the following conditions in an application:
- Targeting underserved individuals and communities;
- Innovation in addressing issues;
- Collaboration with other organizations;
- Staff’s ability to bring out intended results;
- Evidence of accountability and evaluation;
- Foundation support would be vital or catalytic to a proposed project’s success;
- The project is well planned and the agency has the capacity to execute the plan;
- Financial support from other sources exists to ensure that the project will be implemented and continue after the grant period. It will expedite the review process if between one-third and one-half of the needed project funds have been secured before applying.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit charitable organizations that are exempt from federal taxes under section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Revenue Code can apply for grant.
- The Esping Family Foundation provides grants in the Dallas, Texas area.
- Organizations funded for 3 years in a row must wait 2 years before re-applying.
- Organizations awarded multi-year grants must wait 3 years, from their last installment, before re-applying.
- The Foundation does not lend or grant money to individuals.
- Generally, we do not fund the annual budget of established organizations.
- Rather than being a source of funds to maintain the current level of services, we prefer to help organizations reach more people through new programs or expansion of existing services.
- However, under certain circumstances we will support the start-up of new organizations or efforts to strengthen the organizational capacity of existing ones.
- In general, grants are not made for purposes of:
- Individual scholarships or loans;
- Underwriting for charity balls;
- Endowment or permanent funds;
- Capital Campaigns;
- School sports or bands;
- Church or seminary construction;
- Underwriting fund-raising events;
- Professional conferences and symposia unless directly related to our areas of high interest;
- Out-of-state travel expenses for performances or competition;
- Support of single artistic events or performances.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Esping Family Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.