Establishing the 3E's Nutrition Grant Program
Texas Department of AgricultureSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: May 2, 2019 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Texas
Location of residency: TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) is accepting applications for the Establishing the 3E’s Grant Program (E3E) from organizations that are in good standing with the Texas Comptroller’s Office and TDA to incorporate nutrition education into their programs for children.
Grant funds may be used to establish, implement or extend:
- comprehensive wellness efforts to achieve either Bronze, Silver or Gold status in the *Healthier CACFP Award Program, including activities to improve:
- physical activity;
- nutrition education; and
- and/or the child care environment.
- *Only organizations with a current contract with TDA Food and Nutrition Division to administer the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) are eligible to apply for the Healthier CACFP Award Program. Please refer to Attachment A for award criteria.
- activities that create, supplement or extend current farm to pre-school or child care educational activities, such as but not limited to:
- garden-based learning;
- other experiential learning opportunities teaching students about Texas agriculture; or
- other wellness programs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for E3E funds, an applying organization must be in good standing with the Texas Comptroller’s Office and TDA and must:
- Be an organization that:
- participates in early childhood education, including:
- the CACFP as administered by TDA;
- a Head Start Program, as defined in 42 USC 9801 et seq., and 45 CFR Parts 1301-1311; or
- another early childhood education program; and
- certifies that it will use awarded funds to provide nutrition education to children between the ages of three and five years old; or
- Be a community or faith-based initiative that:
- provides recreational, social, volunteer, leadership, mentoring, or developmental programs; and
- certifies that it will use awarded funds to provide nutrition education to children younger than 19 years of age.
- Expenses may be prohibited by state or federal law or determined to be ineligible by program guidelines. Examples of these expenditures include, but are not limited to the following:
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Contributions, charitable or political;
- Indirect Costs;
- Expenses falling outside of the contract period;
- Expenses for items not listed in the project budget or that fail to meet the intent of the program;
- Equipment – Tangible personal property costing over $5,000 per unit and having a useful life over one year (freezers, kitchen equipment, etc.);
- Travel – NO transportation, lodging, meals, or any food items related to travel; and
- Expenses that are not adequately documented or that do not meet the intent of the grant program.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Establishing the 3E's Nutrition Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.