Esther H. Ludwig Scholarship
Center for Scholarship Administration (CSA)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jan 8, 2019 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Berks County, Pennsylvania
Minimum GPA: 2.5View website Save Need help writing this grant?
A longtime resident of Perry Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania, Esther H. Ludwig established the "Esther H. Ludwig Scholarships" to provide financial assistance in the form of scholarships to residents of the Hamburg (Pennsylvania) Area School District who attend "colleges, universities, seminaries, academies and like institutions of learning which educate students or prepare them for vocations, business or professional careers….so they can be more useful citizens." The Center for Scholarship Administration, Inc. (CSA), a non-profit, independent organization is the facilitator of the scholarship fund.
The number of recipients and the amount of each scholarship may vary from year to year due to fluctuations in the Fund's value and/or applicable document restrictions. The institution must be an educational organization that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of pupils or students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are regularly carried on. Awards are available for as many as four years, some of which may be in graduate or professional school.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must reside within the tax boundaries of the Hamburg (Pennsylvania) Area School District.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale [equivalent to 85%] by end of Spring semester.
- It is of the utmost importance that the applicant accurately identifies the town or township where they reside within the Hamburg Area School District.
- Failure to do so may result in loss of scholarship.
- Subject to the trust terms, the awards will be applied to the cost of tuition, fees, books and supplies and should not exceed these costs.
- This scholarship, when added to all other awards for the same purpose, may not exceed the cost of the program in which the student is enrolled.
- Recipients may attend any accredited college, university, seminary, academy, and like institution of post-high school learning that prepares them for vocations, business or professional careers.
- The school of choice must have a physical location.
- All recipients must be full-time each semester and working toward a degree.
- Scholarships may be renewed for as many as three additional full academic years.
- Recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale at the end of each academic year, or comparable performance in a vocational or technical program.
- Undergraduate students will be given preference over graduate or professional students. Scholarships will only be awarded to graduate students if extra funds are available.
- Scholarships are not for on-line schools or courses.
- A student who does not have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 at the end of the academic year will not have the scholarship renewed for the coming year.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Esther H. Ludwig Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.