The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Fields of work: HIV/AIDS
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Grants from the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (ETAF) are made based on the periodic review of the grant requests.
Guided by Elizabeth’s compassion, empathy, and courage, we honor and fight for the dignity of all people living with HIV/AIDS until we end the pandemic.
We pursue social justice and human rights for people with HIV/AIDS through three areas of focus:
- Direct Care & Prevention
- Driven by her belief in the value of human life and the dignity of all people, Elizabeth founded ETAF to provide care for the most marginalized and underserved populations affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Advocacy & Education
- As the first globally recognized celebrity to speak out against HIV/AIDS, Elizabeth was the ultimate advocate. Today, her voice and vision guide all we do.
- Fundraising & Stewardship
- We partner with donors to support Elizabeth’s vision of an AIDS-free world. As a pioneer in celebrity-led philanthropy, Elizabeth directed that a portion of her licensing royalties, such as White Diamonds, support ETAF.
Grants from the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (ETAF) are made based on the periodic review of the grant requests. Requests that are selected for possible funding are those that are deemed by the Officers to be in keeping with Ms. Taylor’s wishes to be the most appropriate use of the Foundation’s funds at the particular time that grants are made.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant funds are for one year only.
- Only one application per organization per year.
- Agencies must have at least 3 years experience in delivering HIV/AIDS programs.
- Grants request amounts generally should not exceed $25,000.
- In order to be considered for funding, all applicants must comply with ETAF application instructions, complete forms and supply requested documents.
- General operating expenses/indirect costs/administrative cost should not exceed 20% of the request.
- ETAF does not generally fund multi-year proposals.
- The Foundation does not fund:
- Projects which are not HIV/AIDS specific.
- Salaries and benefits (except for direct program staff).
- Intermediary, “pass-through” non-profit entities for subsequent granting.
- Capital Campaign requests (including the construction or renovation of buildings and the purchase of depreciable assets).
- Start-up costs and organizations which are not incorporated and established for public benefit and charitable purposes.
- Direct financial assistance to individuals.
- For-profit entities.
- Annual campaigns.
- Universities and government agencies.
- Fundraising activities/events.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”