EMBO Long Term Fellowships
European Molecular Biology Organization
Grant amount: Up to €10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 9, 2019 5:00am PST
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 10, 2019 5:00am PDT
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research, Fellowship
Location of project: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 2 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The EMBO Long-Term Fellowships are awarded for a period of up to two years and support post-doctoral research visits to laboratories throughout Europe and the world. International exchange is a key feature in the application process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree or equivalent at the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants who do not hold a PhD degree at the time of application must pass their PhD exam (or equivalent) before they can start their fellowship.
- Applicants who already hold a PhD degree at the time of application are eligible to apply only if they passed their PhD exam (or equivalent) in the two years prior to the respective application deadline.
- Applicants must have at least one first (or joint first) author research paper accepted for publication, in press or published in an international peer reviewed journal at the time of application.
- We require all applicants to register for ORCID iD digital identifiers (iDs)
- All applications must involve a change of country. For more detail, see pages 2 - 3 of the Guidelines for Applicants.
Further Eligibility Rules
- It is possible to apply when the applicant has already started in the host laboratory/at the receiving institute provided that the amount of time spent at the receiving institute/host laboratory does not exceed 7 months at the relevant closing date for application.
- Candidates can only submit one application for one project at one host laboratory at each
round of selection.
- Only research proposals that are within the scientific scope of EMBO can be considered.
- Reapplication is permissible only once, irrespective of a change of project or change of host lab.
- Applications to work in research centres for basic research that are endowed by for-profit organizations are welcome.
Visit the FAQ page for further eligibility information.
- Applications to work in an industrial research laboratory with a view to developing new products or procedures will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the EMBO Long Term Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.