NEEF: Every Day Capacity Building Grants
National Environmental Education FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 23, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 17, 2019 8:59pm PDT, Nov 5, 2019 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Every Day Capacity Building Grants provide Friends Groups with grant funds of up to $5,000 to help build their organizational capacity to serve public lands.
Our nation’s public lands need our support every day. With stretched budgets and limited staff, land managers at federal, state, and local public lands need all the help they can get. That help often comes from Friends Groups, nonprofit organizations whose missions focus on serving our nation's public land sites, and the improvement and responsible use of those sites. These organizations are sometimes referred to as Cooperating Associations, or simply as partners. They are invaluable in supporting, promoting and helping to maintain public lands.
These organizations, while dedicated and passionate, are often underfunded and understaffed. The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF), with generous support from Toyota, seeks to strengthen these organizations and unleash their potential to serve their public lands. NEEF's Every Day Capacity Building Grants contribute to the conservation and stewardship of our public lands by funding projects that build the organizational capacity of Friends Groups.
Criteria for Grant Selection
The below criteria are the basis for reviewing and scoring grants. Grants are scored to develop recommendations. Top scores are then reviewed and final decisions made.
Successful applications will:
- demonstrate a positive, collaborative partnership with a local public land site that has been in effect for at least one year
- describe a needed and well-planned project that can be carried out by the applicant within the duration of the grant period (one year)
- demonstrate that the project will contribute to the long-term sustainability of the organization
- demonstrate that the project will strengthen the organization's ability to serve the public land site
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In order to apply, applicants must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit or working through a fiscal agent.
- Have been in existence for at least two (2) years.
- Be a Friends Group or community-based nonprofit organization whose mission is focused on serving a public land site in the United States and the improvement and responsible use of that site.
- This includes groups that serve more than one site, such as a regional group of parks.
- have an established collaborative relationship with a local public land site (including federal state, regional, county, city, or other local public land areas) for at least one year
- request funding for a capacity building project, as defined by NEEF.
- Please note that past NEEF Every Day Grantees (Capacity Building AND Event) must have closed out their grant performance periods by submitting a satisfactory Final Report in order to be eligible for the 2018 Capacity Building Grant
- Public schools and their grounds are not eligible.
- Funds cannot be used for:
- Conducting lobbying, carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation.
- Influencing the outcome of any specific election through any means.
- Purposes other than charitable, scientific, or educational.
- Budget shortfalls, general support, or endowment funds (staff salary should not exceed 20% of proposed grant budget)
- Events on public lands.
- Landscaping, land acquisition, or real estate purchases.
- Giveaways, such as t-shirts. However, projects that increase your capacity to raise funds by developing items for sale, such as calendars or t-shirts, are allowed.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NEEF: Every Day Capacity Building Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.