EWVCF Two Rivers Grant
Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Sep 15, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in West Virginia: Berkeley County, Jefferson County, Morgan County
Location of residency: Counties in West Virginia: Berkeley County, Jefferson County, Morgan CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
EWVCF Two Rivers
The Two Rivers Giving Circle—named for the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers—is one of the few funders in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia that provides small grants to support conservation and historic preservation programs and projects. Each member of the Giving Circle makes a tax-deductible donation of $500 or more to the Community Foundation annually. During the past seven years, grants totaling more than $52,000 have been awarded by the Two Rivers Giving Circle Fund to a wide variety of such causes in our community.
Programs and projects that are eligible for funding include:
- Safeguarding Habitat: Protection of habitat is critical to the preservation of biodiversity. Focus is placed on buffer zones, wildlife areas, watersheds, and functioning ecosystems.
- Children and Nature: Education and involvement of the next generation is extremely important. Programs that address youth activism, knowledge, hands-on activity, and physical movement.
- Saving Panhandle Treasures: We all have a deep caring for our countryside and heritage. Initiatives that provide increased protection of historic, cultural, and pastoral places in the Panhandle.
- Waste and Recycling: Efforts that catalyze underserved recycling efforts, promote effective household waste treatment and deter non-point source pollution in the Panhandle.
- Energy Conservation: Initiatives that promote increasing energy conservation and decreasing consumption behaviors in our Panhandle community.
- Growing the Movement: Programs that engage, organize, and empower new constituencies who add to the advancement of programs through volunteerism and leadership that lead to new ways of thinking and acting.
The Giving Circle brings together committed, concerned and charitably-minded citizens to focus on local conservation and preservation grantmaking in Jefferson, Berkeley and Morgan counties. By pooling their resources, members of the Giving Circle are able to have a much greater impact on the causes that matter to them. Nonprofit organizations and local schools submit grant applications to the Community Foundation throughout the summer. Members of the Giving Circle meet twice in the early fall to review applications, discuss the proposed projects, research the applicant agencies, and recommend grants.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and schools are eligible to apply.
- Must have:
- Annual organizational budget
- Financial Statement or Audit
- Most recent IRS Form 990
- IRS Letter of Determination
- Charitable registration letter from WV Secretary of State
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the EWVCF Two Rivers Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.