EWVCF: Youth & Education Grant
Eastern West Virginia Community FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Oct 30, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Children’s Mental Health Academic Success & Enrichment Literacy Special Needs Education Education - K through 12 Child Welfare Services Children’s Health & Pediatrics Education Youth Development & Leadership Youth Services Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in West Virginia: Berkeley County, Jefferson County, Morgan County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation (EWVCF) is offering an extra round of Youth and Education grants for programs that will begin in late 2020 or early 2021. These grants are made possible by the generosity of donors who are committed to Education and Youth Programs in the Eastern Panhandle. This additional round of grants is being offered because of the increased demands being placed on nonprofit organizations and schools during the coronavirus pandemic. Grant awards will be recommended by specific fund committees and approved by the Community Foundation Board of Directors.
Founded in 1995 to benefit residents of Eastern West Virginia, EWVCF embraces the concept that people working together can make a difference. The Community Foundation seeks a common philosophy whereby people recognize, understand, and act upon the benefits philanthropy brings to our community. We build permanent endowments, offer maximum flexibility to our donors, meet high professional standards, promote effective and efficient grantmaking, and strengthen charitable organizations in our community.
Youth & Education Grant Guidelines
The Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation will consider grants to charitable organizations providing youth-oriented programs in Jefferson, Berkeley, and Morgan Counties that:
- Provide educational, athletic, academic, social, civic, and community-based activities that involve or support children.
- Assist sick, needy, dependent, neglected, and disadvantaged children.
- Improve the quality of life for children and the Eastern Panhandle community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations, public schools, government agencies, and religious groups with dedicated programs that benefit children in Jefferson, Berkeley, and Morgan Counties are eligible to apply for Youth Grants.
- Educational programs serving Berkeley County youth may apply for a Berkeley Education Grant.
- Priority is given to well-established groups or organizations with a history of success in youth welfare and/or education.
- We encourage applying for funding for specific projects or programs, as opposed to general support funding.
- No grants to individuals will be made.