Fairfield County Foundation Grant
Fairfield County FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $114,700
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 13, 2020 (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Feb 10, 2020 (Full proposal), May 11, 2020 (Pre proposal), Jun 8, 2020 (Full proposal), Sep 9, 2020 (Pre proposal), Oct 14, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Fairfield County, Ohio
Location of residency: Fairfield County, OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Fairfield County Foundation Grant
The Fairfield County Foundation’s Grantmaking Program is comprised of the following components: Designated, Donor Advised, Agency Endowment, and Discretionary/Unrestricted funds.
Agency Endowments, Designated Grants (or, Restricted Grants), and Donor Advised grants are distributed according to recommendations by donors and fund representatives. Applications are not accepted for grants from these Fund types.
Discretionary Grants are distributed from funds that are unrestricted or directed to a broad area or Field of Interest. The Fairfield County Foundation’s Board of Trustees, following recommendations of the Grant Committee, awards funds to nonprofit organization that enhance the quality of life for Fairfield County residents. Applications are accepted for Discretionary Grants. Discretionary funding is available through Unrestricted Funds, Field of Interest Funds or Donor Advised Funds at the request of the donor.
The Foundation’s Board and staff review these programs annually. Funding priorities are adjusted as needed, based on our growing asset base and the changing needs of our community.
Arts and Culture
To preserve and enhance arts and cultural heritage and institutions, expand access to arts and cultural offerings to new audiences, provide creative educational experiences for children and families, and encourage innovation and creativity.Areas of funding include: performances, exhibits, programs, projects, supplies, etc.
To improve and preserve the quality of environmental conditions for current and future generations, preserve and beautify open spaces and gardens, conserve natural resources, and encourage citizen involvement in environmental protection activities.This area includes funding for parks, natural resources and animals.
Civic and Community
To support youth involvement in activities and for the basic needs of youth. To encourage more efficient use of community resources to coordinate, cooperate and share among organizations. To eliminate duplication of services and to build the capacity of organizations and communities to solve problems.Assistance in areas of economic development, public safety, civic improvement, justice and promoting the community.
To improve access to and quality of treatment services, promote health and wellness, and promote the efficient use of healthcare resources.Support for medical programs and facilities.
To increase access to learning opportunities for very young and pre-school children, improve primary and secondary education outcomes, expand options for post-secondary education and training, and promote life-long learning.Areas of funding include: Funds to enhance the experience of students directly, or to provide additional resources to teachers and educational programs.
To support those agencies that strengthen the quality of individual and family life by responding to personal and family emergencies, intervening early when individuals and families are at risk of serious problems, and providing for basic needs when individuals and families cannot provide for themselves. Addresses basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing and seeking solutions to social problems.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- What We Look For In An Applicant Organization
- The Fairfield County Foundation accepts grant requests from organizations located in Fairfield County and are recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.If you do not have a 501(c)(3), you may enter into an agreement with a qualified non-profit that will act as your fiscal agent.
- Established, fiscally sound organization.
- Strong governance.
- Demonstrated organizational capacity and track record.
- Sound short-term and long-range plans.
- What We Look For In A Proposed Project
- Project feasibility.
- Clearly documented community need or opportunity.
- Where appropriate, documented evidence of best practices.
- Measurable program outcomes and community impact.
- Realistic sustainability plan.
- Leverage of other financial and in-kind resources.
- There are restrictions on the scope of activities the Foundation is able to support. In general, The Fairfield County Foundation does not make grants from its discretionary/unrestricted funds for:
- General operating expenses including but not limited to salaries and consultant fees.
- Awards to individuals, including fellowships, travel, study, research and camps .
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Political organizations or political action committees for political purposes.
- Specific scientific, medical or academic research.
- Annual fund raising campaigns from existing organizations or dues.
- Reimbursement of prior expenditures or to eliminate debt.
- Recurring expenses such as routine computer software or hardware updates .
- Service organizations or Booster clubs.
- Projects and community services that taxpayers support or are expected to support, such as fire and safety equipment.
- National organizations.
- Returning applicants who did not complete their previous grant requirements.
- In addition, you should not include Foundation funding in your budget as a yearly source of income or continue to submit grant applications for the same program/project, year after year.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fairfield County Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.