FAITHS Community Partner Grant
The San Francisco Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $16,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 3, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The FAITHS (Foundation Alliance with Interfaith to Heal Society) program was founded in 1993 on the premise that congregations and other faith-based organizations are among philanthropy’s strongest partners in the effort to build strong, healthy, and equitable communities. Since its inception, FAITHS has built an interfaith network of more than 600 congregations, faith-based agencies, and community organizations that address critical community issues in the five Bay Area counties that The San Francisco Foundation serves (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo).
FAITHS supports the work of faith-based organizations and congregations to organize and advocate for equitable policies and improve services in low-income neighborhoods in the region. It connects faith-based organizations with support from nonprofits and foundations, provides technical assistance and grants to faith-based organizations, and hosts educational briefings and trainings for faith community leaders. The FAITHS program works with a regional leadership council of clergy and lay leaders that reflect the diversity of the Bay Area faith community to determine the direction of the FAITHS program projects, grantmaking, and capacity building activities. Leaders also provide significant guidance to the FAITHS program through working groups focused on issues such as health, criminal justice, immigration reform, and affordable housing.
FAITHS convenes leaders, offers technical assistance, capacity building trainings, and grants to support greater racial and economic equity in the region.
FAITHS grants support programs that strengthen interfaith and race relations, increase civic and cultural participation, develop leaders, and provide community services in low-income and communities of color.
The grantmaking program will support faith-based organizations and congregations to:
- Build and strengthen the capacity of organizations and leaders to engage in civic issues, through nonpartisan voter engagement work, policy advocacy, and community organizing.
- Provide services and programs that promote health, well-being, and economic security (e.g. job training, health workshops, and mentoring programs).
- Conduct programs and activities that promote racial and multicultural understanding that address institutional and structural racism (e.g. community-based arts and cultural activities, dialogue, and education).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Faith-based organizations in the Bay Area are eligible to apply for a grant for one to two years in the range of $5,000 – $8,000 per year.
- Priority will be given to applicants that:
- Serve low-income communities and people of color in five Bay Area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo).
- Provide programs for underserved communities (e.g. low-income people of color, formerly incarcerated residents, low-wage workers, youth, homeless individuals, seniors, and immigrants).
- Leverage additional in-kind and financial resources.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FAITHS Community Partner Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.