FAITHS Community Partner Grant
The San Francisco FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $16,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 4, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The faith community has historically been at the forefront of advocating for racial and economic equity, and it remains a crucial voice today. In 1993, the foundation created the Foundation Alliance with Interfaith to Heal Society (FAITHS) — now a nationally recognized program — to enhance the work of faith-based organizations to organize and advocate for equitable policies and improve community services in their neighborhoods. Since its inception, the program has built an interfaith network of more than 600 congregations and other faith-based organizations that address critical community issues in the Bay Area, such as criminal justice, immigration reform, and affordable housing.
Community Partners Grants
Once a year, the FAITHS program provides grants to assist congregations and faith-based organizations to promote community service, dialogue, and action that will strengthen the economic, racial, and civic fabric of local neighborhoods. An advisory group of clergy and lay congregational leaders participate in the process by advising the FAITHS team on issues that are important to the faith-based and broader community.
Faith-based organizations in the Bay Area are eligible to apply for a grant for one to two years. Grants range from $5,000-$8,000 per year.
The grantmaking program will support faith-based organizations and congregations to:
- Build and strengthen the capacity of organizations and leaders to engage in racial and economic equity issues, through nonpartisan voter engagement work, policy advocacy, and community organizing.
- Provide programs that promote economic security, educational opportunity, and community well-being.
- Conduct programs and activities that address institutional and structural racism, discrimination, and implicit bias.
- Conduct community outreach to hard-to-count populations for the 2020 Census.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Priority will be given to applicants that:
- Serve low-income communities and people of color in five Bay Area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo).
- Provide programs for underserved communities (e.g. low-income people of color, formerly incarcerated residents, low-wage workers, youth, homeless individuals, seniors, and immigrants).
- Leverage additional in-kind and financial resources.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FAITHS Community Partner Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.