Fales Foundation Trust Grant
Fales Foundation TrustSuggest an update
Next deadline: Oct 15, 2020 4:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Mar 15, 2021 4:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Youth Involvement in the Arts Homelessness Services Food Access & Hunger
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: King County, Washington
Location of residency: Preferred: King County, Washington Other eligible locations: Counties in Washington: Chelan County, Kittitas County, Pierce County, Snohomish CountyView website Save
About this funder:
Fales Foundation Trust Grant
The Fales Foundation Trust was established in 1985 by Gilbert R. Fales, a long-time Seattle resident. The Foundation was established to provide financial support to social service agencies addressing issues of homelessness and hunger, and to artistic and cultural organizations in the city of Seattle.
Areas of Interest
Approximately 75% of the annual grant budget is awarded to organizations serving the homeless and hungry. (Funding in this category is directed to groups serving a homeless or near-homeless constituency. Priority is given to organizations whose core mission is ending homelessness, serving the homeless, or feeding the hungry.)
Approximately 25% of the annual grant budget is awarded to various areas of the arts and cultural organizations and programs. (Funding in this category is directed solely towards ongoing, educational and community-based programs providing arts and cultural opportunities for youth from underserved constituencies. We particularly encourage community-based arts programs that serve the foundation’s primary target population of people suffering from homelessness and/or hunger.)
Approximately $200,000 is awarded each year. Most grants awarded are between $2,000 and $5,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- After receiving three consecutive annual grants, a group is asked to wait one year before re-applying for funds.
- The Foundation will support only:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) groups in the city of Seattle that meet the above criteria. (Groups located in areas contiguous to Seattle, and serving primarily a Seattle population, or targeting a project specifically to Seattle residents, are also eligible to apply.)
- Organizations in existence for three years or more.
- Preference is given to organizations receiving past support from the Fales Foundation.
- The Foundation will not support:
- Capital campaigns or expenditures.
- Loans or investments.
- Fundraising events.
- Projects of a political or religious nature.
- Individual requests for research or scholarships.
- Computer, software, or office equipment purchases.
- Projects of an individual artist, even if under the sponsorship of a 501(c)3 organization.
- Film productions; book publications.
- One-time or short-term concerts, productions, or arts events.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”