Farmers Advocating for Organics Grant
Farmers Advocating for Organic
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 15, 2018 (Full proposal), Sep 1, 2018 (Letter of inquiry), Sep 15, 2018 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We organic farmers wanted to support organic research. So we established Farmers Advocating for Organics (FAFO) in order to help fund organic research, education and advocacy.
Grants are awarded to research, education and advocacy projects focused on protecting and promoting organic in ways aligned with these strategic priorities:
- Go Organic, stay Organic: Efforts that support farmers transitioning to organic, preserve and increase organic acreage, and provide the training, development and resources needed to ensure future generations of organic farmers.
- Amplify the Organic Voice: Efforts that educate consumers and other key stakeholders on the proven benefits of organic food and farming.
- Increase Organic Farmer Profitability: Efforts that provide organic farmers with the information, tools and resources they need to be successful and profitable.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants:
- Non-profit organization or academic/research institution are eligible to submit a letter of interest.
- The organization receiving the grant needs to be based in the US.
- Eligible projects:
- Research, education or advocacy project
- Focused on organic food and farming
- Aligned with FAFO’s strategic priorities
- Projects just impact the organic industry or livelihood of organic farmers in the US
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Farmers Advocating for Organics Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.