Farrnbacher Memorial Fund
Baton Rouge Area Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2018
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity Hospital / Clinic Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
Location of residency: East Baton Rouge Parish, LouisianaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The purpose of the Farrnbacher Memorial Fund, a field of interest fund of the Baton Rouge Area Foundation, is to improve the lives of people in East Baton Rouge Parish who are in need of eye care and who are financially unable to afford such care.
This Endowed Fund was established in 1987 by the Fannie Farrnbacher Cohn Foundation as the result of a bequest from Mrs. Fannie Farrnbacher Cohn in 1941. An advisory committee of eye care specialists meets on a semi-annual basis to review grant requests from organizations whose programs address eye care issues for those who cannot afford treatment.
Types of Grants
It will provide:
- program grants to support new, creative or beneficial programs;
- capital fund grants for new construction or major renovations;
- seed money grants to help start a new organization which responds to eye care needs in the community; and
- bridge grants to sustain good organizations experiencing financial hardship.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Fund will support nonprofit organizations in East Baton Rouge Parish.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Farrnbacher Memorial Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.