Faye L. And William L. Cowden Charitable Foundation Grant
Faye L. and William L. Cowden Charitable Foundation
Grant amount: Approximately US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Texas
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
William L. and Faye L. Cowden established the Faye L. & William L. Cowden Charitable Foundation in 1988, to help as many people as possible, with an emphasis on children. After Mr. Cowden’s death in 1989 Mrs. Cowden continued to make charitable donations to qualifying organizations. The foundation was fully funded after Mrs. Cowden’s death in 2003.
Grants are directed to 501(c)(3) organizations which fall within the principal charitable purposes of the foundation as outlined below.
This trust is created and shall be operated exclusively for charitable, educational, scientific and religious purposes... Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the principal purpose of this trust is to provide financial assistance, to be used in the State of Texas, to Qualified Organizations which direct their activities toward one or more of the following charitable purposes:
- The health, medical care and treatment and rehabilitation of children, including related medical research.
- The education of children and young adults, and the provision of special educational opportunities for young persons otherwise unable to afford them.
- The prevention of cruelty to children or animals.
- The protection and preservation of wildlife and natural areas.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Distributions shall be made only to organizations which at the time of distribution are described in Sections 170(c)(2), 2055(a)(2) and 2522(a)(2) of Internal Revenue Code and are entitled to exemption from federal income tax.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Faye L. And William L. Cowden Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.