FCB Annual CommunityFirst Grant Program
First County Bank FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $5,000
Deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Fairfield County, Connecticut
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
First County Bank Foundation, Inc.
As part of our long-standing commitment to giving, the First County Bank Foundation is proud to support a variety of nonprofit organizations. Since our Foundation was established in 2001, we have awarded over $8.5 million in grants to assist with a range of causes - from education and elder care to hunger and affordable housing.
The Foundation, which was established in 2001 to honor the Bank’s 150th anniversary, contributes generously to nonprofit organizations that support community and economic development; increase the availability of affordable housing and programs that support quality of life and educational enrichment for families and children.
Its giving reflects the dedication and charitable inclination of First County Bank, its Directors, Corporators, Officers and Employees. As a mutual community bank with no shareholders, First County Bank considers contributions made by the Foundation a means of paying dividends back to the local communities it serves.
The Foundation awards grants based on need, with typical grant amounts starting at $1,000. These grants benefit nonprofit organizations that directly impact the health and well-being of individuals living and working in Fairfield County. Special consideration is given to agencies and programs that benefit low- to moderate-income populations.
First County Bank is honored to be able to give back to the community not only through our Foundation’s grants and donations, but also through the giving of the time and talents of the men and women that work for us. We are always looking for ways to help the community we call home and find new opportunities to help the causes that mean so much to our customers.
Annual CommunityFirst Grant (formerly Standard Grant)
Our priority areas of focus are programs that:
- Support community and economic development such as: job skills training and placement; initiatives to promote independence and self-sufficiency; meeting food, clothing, health and shelter need; senior services and family support programs
- Increase the availability of affordable housing and programs that support quality of life including: supportive and transitional housing; housing rehabilitation programs and first-time homebuyer initiatives
- Provide educational enrichment for families and children including mentoring programs, summer camp activities and parenting classes
While all grant requests are considered, the average standard grant amount awarded is in the range of $2,500 to $5,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for grants from the Foundation, organizations must:
- Have nonprofit tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Have programs located in Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Westport, Fairfield or neighboring communities of Bridgeport
- Have community support
- Address community needs
- Have measurable outcomes
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative responsibility
- Special consideration will be given to those agencies/programs benefiting low-to-moderate income populations in our market.
- Grant requests supporting specific programs will be given priority over requests for general operating support.
- The First County Bank Foundation does not support the following:
- Capital/Endowment Campaigns;
- Fundraising Events;
- Sponsorship Opportunities;
- Deficit Spending/Debt Liquidation;
- Religious organizations, unless stated program is for the benefit of the community;
- Private/Parochial Schools;
- Organizations that illegally discriminate;
- Organizations not open to the public;
- Political causes.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FCB Annual CommunityFirst Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.