FCC Scottish Action Fund
The FCC Scottish Action FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: £2,000 - £50,000
Next deadline: Nov 27, 2019 9:00am PST
Later deadlines: Mar 13, 2020 10:00am PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The FCC Scottish Action Fund provides grants of between £2,000 and £40,000 to not-for-profit organisations for the following types of projects eligible under Scottish Landfill Communities Fund (SLCF).
We are able to provide funding towards the Objects of the SLFC:
- Land Reclamation: The reclamation, remediation, restoration or other operation on land to facilitate economic, social or environmental use.
- Community Recycling: Community based recycling, re-use and waste prevention projects
- Public Amenities and Parks: To provide, maintain or improve a public park or other public amenity
- Biodiversity: The conservation or promotion of biological diversity through the provision, conservation, restoration or enhancement of a natural habitat or the maintenance or recovery of a species in its natural habitat.
- Historic Buildings: The maintenance, repair or restoration of a building, other structure or a site of archaeological interest which is a place of religious worship, or a site of historic or architectural or archaeological interest and is open to the public.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
The project must be to carry out works that maintain, repair or restore the building, structure or site. The building, structure or site must be in Scotland The building, structure or site must be open to the public The building, structure or site cannot be operated for profit
The project must be to carry out works that maintain, repair or restore the building, structure or site.
The building, structure or site must be in Scotland
The building, structure or site must be open to the public
The building, structure or site cannot be operated for profit
We prioritise funding to projects which help deliver community needs and which evidence:
Clear and genuine need
Relevant and appropriate consultation
The ability to keep the site in good order and well maintained when the project is complete
Reasonable costs which offer good value
The ability to deliver the project on time and on budget
The project’s outcomes will, within the confines of the SLCF, benefit the natural, social or built environment and make a positive impact on local communities.
- We cannot provide retrospective funding.
- Salary costs, day to day management and running costs, together with routine
maintenance costs will not be funded
- What we are unable to fund:
- Projects which have already started
- Purchase of land
- Revenue or salary costs of staff including training and travel costs
- Purchase or lease of vehicles
- Construction of new buildings or extensions to existing buildings.
- Projects located at leisure centres, swimming pools or sports facilities that are owned and managed by a Local Authority
- Any works to public highways, roads (either on or off project site, adopted or un-adopted) pavements beside highways, roundabouts. This does not include recreational footpaths, bridle paths or cycle ways.
- Projects involving Membership-only organisations where the general public (i.e. non members) are unable to use the facilities
- Village or town centre enhancements such as walkways, street works or signage
- Administration posts
- Projects to provide or enhance overnight accommodation or residential areas of any amenity
- War Memorials that do not have full public access or are not located within a public par
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FCC Scottish Action Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.