FCCF Grants: Summer Learning & Summer Enrichment Programs
Fairfield County's Community Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Oct 26, 2018 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Fairfield County, Connecticut
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
What We Fund
As a Fairfield County nonprofit, you are an essential partner in our mission to build and sustain a vital and prosperous community where all have the opportunity to participate and thrive.
Grantmaking priority areas
The Community Foundation has adopted Results Based AccountabilityTM as a framework for articulating and measuring the changes we hope to see for our county.
We award competitive grants to local nonprofits that are addressing our five result areas in Fairfield County:
- All Fairfield County youth thrive by age 25
- All Fairfield County women and girls are economically secure, healthy and safe
- All Fairfield County households are economically secure
- Arts for everyone in Fairfield County
- Fairfield County benefits from an effective nonprofit sector
Types of Grants
We award three types of competitive grants to Fairfield County nonprofits:
Program Support Grants
These grants are awarded for specific programs and services that contribute to one of our five result areas, and their corresponding strategies. The Community Foundation prioritizes requests from organizations that are results oriented and have capacity to measure/evaluate the impact of their work. Performance measures for program support requests focus on the impact of that program on the clients/customers served by the program.
Capacity Building Support Grants
Primarily for nonprofits previously funded by Fairfield County’s Community Foundation whose work aligns with our five result areas. These grants are awarded to support specific projects intended to strengthen high-impact and/or high-potential Fairfield County nonprofits so they can achieve their goals more effectively and sustainability. Examples of capacity building requests include strategic planning support, performance measurement, executive transition planning, financial assessment and scenario planning, technology development, staff development, and board development. Performance measures for capacity building grantees focus on the impact of that project on the organization and its internal customers (staff, board, etc.).
General Operating Support Grants
General operating support grants are by invitation only.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We will consider requests from charitable organizations that are tax exempt under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 501(c)(3) organization and public charities under IRS Section 509 (a).
- Organizations operating under a fiscal sponsor with tax exempt status under IRS Section 501(c)(3) may also be considered.
- We will only consider requests from organizations located within Fairfield County or that directly benefit residents of Fairfield County.
- Nonprofits seeking a competitive grant from the Community Foundation must match one of our five result areas
- We will not consider requests from an organization that has an open competitive grant with the Foundation (meaning you have not submitted a final report).
- Fairfield County’s Community Foundation will not consider requests to support religious or political causes, or to organizations organized for religious or political purposes.
- We do not consider requests for capital campaigns or capital projects.
- We will not consider requests for any of the following:
- deficit financing
- annual appeal
- fundraising event
- open space purchase
- for-profit, parochial, charter, private, or individual public schools
- or nonprofit endowment
- We will not consider requests for a specific individual.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FCCF Grants: Summer Learning & Summer Enrichment Programs by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.