FCP Emergency Action Grants
Foundations Community Partnership
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Fields of work: Children With Disabilities Children’s Mental Health Youth Services Family Services Child Welfare Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Pennsylvania
NOTE: Following submission of a Letter of Inquiry, FCP will discuss the request with the applicant. Only complete applications will receive consideration. Recipients must submit a final report.
Emergency Action Grants
Awarded throughout the year, Emergency Action Grants range in value up to $10,000 to address an unanticipated reduction in public funding or a non-reimbursable catastrophic event impacting direct delivery of services. These grants will be awarded on a case-by-case basis as determined by FCP.
Examples of Funded Emergency Action Grant Requests:
- Severe public funding cuts reduced the number of beds available in an emergency shelter for homeless children and families. Along with other agencies, FCP provided a $10,000 emergency grant until public funding was restored.
- Federal funding cuts reduced staffing for a child-care program in a low-income neighborhood, forcing parents to quit work and withdraw their children from the program. FCP provided a $10,000 emergency grant until funding was restored.
- Change in state guidelines disqualified participants from a transportation assistance program making it difficult or impossible for children to attend medical appointments or parents to find jobs. FCP provided a $10,000 emergency grant until other funding sources were identified.
- A catastrophic flood forced an agency serving teenagers with autism to temporarily relocate or suspend services for six months. While insurance covered most of the repair and relocation costs, FCP paid the amount not covered by insurance.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded only to non-profit organizations serving special needs children, youth, and their families in Bucks County, Pa.
- Examples of Denied Emergency Action Grant Requests:
- Due to a revenue decline, an agency had to reduce or delay services. FCP denied this request because it was considered a routine business event for the organization. Instead, FCP offered a Technical Assistance Grant to assist the agency in improving its business practices.
- The HVAC system stopped working in an agency’s administrative offices. FCP denied this request because it did not impact direct delivery of services.
- In order to repair an aging roof for a building providing direct services, an agency had to either delay services or use its reserve funds. FCP denied this request because of the availability of reserve funds. Instead, the agency was encouraged to apply for a Capital Improvement Grant.
- FCP does not fund the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations not classified in Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
- Umbrella/pass-through organizations
- Religious organizations
- Political causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns
- Deficit financing/debt reduction
- Advertising publications
- Stand-alone research
Find similar good fit grants?
See for yourself how we help our customers save 3 hours a week and find new grant opportunities by trying Instrumentl for 14-days free.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”