FCP Emergency Action Grants
Foundations Community PartnershipSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Bucks County, PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
FCP Emergency Action Grants
Emergency Grant applications, up to $10,000, are “crisis grants” accepted for review from Bucks County, PA, non-profit human services organizations serving children, youth, and families. Applicants must have experienced unanticipated reduction in public funding or a non-reimbursable catastrophic event affecting direct delivery of services. These grants will be awarded on a case-by-case basis as determined by FCP.
Examples of Funded Emergency Grant Requests:
Severe budgetary cuts in public funding at the Federal and State level reduced the number of beds available in an emergency shelter for homeless children and families. Along with other agencies, FCP provided $10,000 temporary funding until public funding was restored.
- Federal reduction in college work-study programs reduced staffing for a child-care program in a low income neighborhood, forcing parents to quit work and withdraw their children from the program. FCP provided $10,000 temporary funding until funding was restored.
- State guidelines were changed causing “disenrollment” of participants from a transportation assistance program making it difficult or impossible for children to attend medical appointments or parents to find jobs. FCP provided $10,000 emergency funding. The agency was able to secure further funding from other sources.
- A catastrophic flood forced an agency serving teenagers with Autism to temporarily relocate or suspend services for six months. Insurance deductible is $2,500. Insurance covered most of the cost of repairs and relocation for this natural disaster. FCP paid the amount not covered by insurance.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Non-profit human services organizations serving children, youth, and families in Bucks County.
- Examples of Emergency Grant Requests not funded:
- Due to a drop-off in revenue collections, an agency must reduce or delay services. FCP denied this request because it was considered a routine business event for the organization. FCP offered “Technical Assistance” financial support for improved business practices at this agency.
- The HVAC system stopped working in the administrative offices of a large Human Services organization. FCP denied this emergency request because it did not affect direct delivery of services.
- In order to repair an aging roof for a building providing direct services, an agency must delay services or use its reserve funds. FCP denied this request because funding was available from the agency. Use of reserve funds is not considered an emergency. FCP suggested that the agency apply for a Capital Funding request in the future.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FCP Emergency Action Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.