FDC Foundation Grant
FDC FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $40,000
Next deadline: Nov 15, 2019 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Sep 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Illinois Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: Preferred: Illinois Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: While the funder's website still reflects 2017 deadlines, Instrumentl has confirmed independently with the funder that letters of inquiry will be accepted until the 2018 "letter of inquiry" deadline above. This may change. Please contact the funder directly for official funding cycle determinations & application procedures.
The FDC Foundation is a non-profit foundation founded in 2008 by members of the Cluck family to support charitable organizations within the United States in three principle areas:
Health & Nutrition:
Specifically, the FDC Foundation contributes to organizations supporting:
- Improved Nutrition for Americans, including organizations supplying food and food supplements to people in need as well as those providing education regarding proper nutrition.
- The Treatment of Persons with Diabetes, including education, nutrition, medication, and supplies for persons who either now have or who are at high risk of developing diabetes .
- The Expanded Use of Alternative Medicines, including all forms of nontraditional therapies and medications that offer the promise of improving the lives of people, whether healthy or ill .
Specifically, the FDC Foundation contributes to organizations that support:
- Early Childhood Development Programs, including but not limited to organizations conducting research on the most promising forms of early childhood development and educational institutions currently doing outstanding work in the field .
- The Papa & Mama C Scholarship, for graduating seniors at Carterville High School in Carterville, Illinois, for continuing their education .
- Programs for Returning Scholars, supporting organizations that provide financial support (such as reimbursement of tuition, fees, cost of books, and additional living expenses) incurred by persons who return to school to continue their education later in life (beyond the age when that level of education is customarily completed) .
- Literary Achievement, specifically organizations (such as colleges and universities) offering financial support or programs to gifted individuals pursuing the creation of meritorious literary works (poetry, fiction, drama, nonfiction prose, or translation) over a specific time period (such as one year) .
Specifically, the FDC Foundation contributes to organizations that provide:
- Housing Opportunities for those who have difficulty finding housing or achieving home ownership. The organizations may support construction of new housing, rehabilitation of existing housing, or financing of housing for people with unusual needs or facing extraordinary challenges .
- Education for careers within the real estate industry, such as the endowment of a chair with the business department of a university.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) public charities.
- We will consider making grants only to organizations supporting or providing programs that fit within the Foundation’s mission and purposes.
- The Foundation will not make grants to international organizations or to for-profit businesses.
- The Foundation does not typically make grants for the following purposes:
- Computers or software
- Audio or video equipment
- Designing and producing videos
- Recreational programs
- Dinners, balls, or other fundraising events
- Political lobbying activities, or other political purposes
- Local, state or federal governments
- Gifts to individuals
- Purposes outside of the Foundation’s mission and funding priorities
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FDC Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.