FEC Program Grants
Foundations of East ChicagoSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Jan 10, 2021 2:00pm PST
Grant amount: Up to US $35,000
Fields of work: Special Needs Education Nutrition & Healthy Eating Hospital Care Recreation After School /Summer Educational Programs Standardized Testing Services Tutoring & Mentoring Preventative Healthcare Physical Fitness Community Health Education Palliative Care Child Care Services Crime Prevention & Justice Adult Education Education - Preschool / Early Learning Vocational & Trade Education Teen Parenthood Real Estate & Housing Music Sports & Athletics Community Culture & Heritage Career/College Preparation Food Delivery & Distribution Services Aging/Gerontology Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Police & Law Enforcement Academic Success & Enrichment Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Parenting Counseling & Education Emergency Medical Care & Services Senior Services Drug Abuse Homelessness Services Child Welfare Services Fine Art Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Elementary / Secondary School, College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Lake County, Indiana
Location of residency: Lake County, IndianaView website Save
About this funder:
Foundations of East Chicago
Our Mission is to support local schools, churches, municipal agencies and nonprofit organizations that work to improve the quality of life in East Chicago.
To advance this mission, the Foundations of East Chicago will provide financial support through educational assistance in the form of scholarships; the awarding of grants that are strategic to achieve our objectives and by our service and leadership within the community.
The goals we set for FEC as a result of the 2016-2018 Strategic Plan include three critical community priorities:
- Education/Job Training
- Community Enrichment
Program grants - are annual grants that are directed to support specific programs that meet FEC priorities. Programs must have a definitive plan with measurable outcomes and must have an operational plan that demonstrates potential for success.
The Foundations of East Chicago (FEC) is proud to announce over $500,000 in grant funding to local nonprofits that are making a difference in our community. Grant recipients are selected based on applications submitted during the program grant round that support at least one of FEC’s focus areas:
- Non-school time programs (before/after hours, youth programming)
- Educational advancement and life skills
- Build and improve relationships with schools regarding scholarship and educational opportunities
- New or expanded vocational programs at IVY Tech Community College, Calumet College of Saint Joseph, etc.
- Parent/community development and training (offered by nonprofits)
- ESL Programming
- Adult education/GED
- College Prep
- PCAT, SAT preparation or similar
- Early childhood education/pre-k
- Extended summer programs
- Mentoring and tutoring programs
- Special needs program support
- Awareness and preventative programming
- Teen pregnancy
- Life subsistence
- Food pantry
- Heating assistance
- Senior care
- Day care
- Drug abuse & recovery programs
- Emergency preparedness
- Police/community relations
- Crime watch
- Violence - gang, domestic, child abuse, bullying
- Fine Arts and enrichment programs
- Community & cultural events
- Music and festival support
- Recreational & youth sports
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- A recognized 501 (c)(3) agency in good standing with the IRS and registered in the state of Indiana.
- In good standing with the Foundations of East Chicago.
- Maximum of one submission per 501 (c) (3).
- Every applicant must identify where their program falls with respect to FEC Impact Areas, i.e., Education, Health and Safety or Community Enrichment. You can only select one. Please see the attached table.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”