Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc. Scholarship
Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc.
Grant amount: Approximately US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Jul 1, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Connecticut
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Federated Garden Clubs, Inc. will be awarding scholarships from monies donated by Connecticut Garden Clubs to students entering their junior or senior year or who are graduate students in any certified College or University.
The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc., is an educational, charitable non-profit organization made up of 6,719 individual members and 128 clubs, along with 15 affiliate organizations. The strength and value of our clubs and their members has been gained from the accumulated knowledge of the past 86 years, and has enriched our homes, our gardens and our communities. These responsibilities we share have not diminished; there is still a great deal to be accomplished but as we work, compete, educate and learn, we will continue to meet these challenges with success.
The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc., is one of thirteen charter members of the National Council of State Garden Clubs, Inc., now known as the National Garden Clubs, Inc., which was organized on May 1, 1929, (two days after Connecticut's first meeting), and has had almost continuous representation on the National Board.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be legal residents of Connecticut (have a Connecticut Drivers License and/or be registered to vote here), and majoring in one of the following fields:
- Agronomy, Botany, City Planning, Conservation, Environmental Studies, Floriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Land Management, Landscape Design, Plant Pathology, or allied subject.
- Must be entering his or her junior, senior or graduate year at a college or university within the 50 states.
- Applicants must have a grade point average of at least 3.0.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- PhD candidates are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc. Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.