FGCNYS Inc. Scholarship Program
Federated Garden Clubs of New York State, Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2021
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: New York
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Federated Garden Clubs of New York is a member of National Garden Clubs, Inc., the largest gardening organization in the world. New York is a member of Central Atlantic Region (CAR). The Federated Garden Clubs of New York State is divided into ten geographic Districts, each with a District Director, who serve with elected officers on the FGCNYS Executive Committee. Appointed board members work to support the objectives of the organization. Officers serve for two year terms.
Purpose of the FGCNYS, Inc. Scholarship Program is to offer financial aid to students and promote the study of Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Design, Botany, Plant Pathology, Forestry, Conservation, Agronomy, Environmental Studies, City Planning, Land Management, Wild Life Services and other allied majors.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The student must be finishing his/her first or second year at a two or four year college.
- The student must be a legal resident of New York State but may attend college in NY State or elsewhere provided it is an accredited college.
- The student must be majoring in Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Design, Botany, Plant Pathology, Conservation, Forestry, Agronomy, City Planning, Environmental Studies, Land Management, Wild Life Science and/or allied topics.
- Students may apply for a scholarship the next
year if they are not a winner.
- After the Scholarship grant has been submitted to the College of the Student's choice, it cannot be transferred.
- students continuing on to a four year program may not be sure of their college by February 1.
- Upon acceptance to a four year school, they must notify FGCNYS, INC.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FGCNYS Inc. Scholarship Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.