Field of Interest Funds: Louis B. and Mary Ratliff Fund for Animal Welfare Grant
The Dallas Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $325,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019 3:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Dallas County, Texas
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Dallas Foundation offers grants to help meet the community's needs.
Since our founding in 1929, The Foundation has awarded more than $662 million in grants to more than 6,000 nonprofit agencies.
Field of Interest funds are offered in the spring. There are various funds that are available for a nonprofit's specific cause, including arts, critical needs, low-income clients, animal welfare and more. You may submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) for the fund that best fits your organization's focus areas.
Louis B. and Mary Ratliff Fund for Animal Welfare
Promotes the health and welfare of companion animals, including:
- prevention of cruelty to animals
- provision of veterinary care to animals whose owners cannot otherwise pay for their care
- funding of spay and neuter programs
- support of feral cat protection projects
- creation and operation of sanctuaries for companion animals
- promotion of responsible pet ownership
- support of animal shelters and
- promotion of the adoption of stray and unwanted animals
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for a grant, an organization must be a tax-exempt, nonprofit agency that serves a variety of charitable purposes.
- All of our competitively awarded grants go to agencies that serve Dallas County.
- Your agency may be located outside the county; however, more than 50 percent of your agency's clients must be Dallas County residents to qualify for a competitive grant.
- Please note: Organizations are eligible to receive a competitive grant from The Dallas Foundation no more often than once every three years.
- Field of Interest funds are generally not available for:
- Organizations that have received grants from our Field of Interest funds or Community Impact funds within the preceding three years
- Multi-year grants
- Annual Fund campaigns, underwriting of fundraising events, and marketing campaigns
- Religious purposes (although we do support educational and social service programs offered by faith-based organizations)
- Organizations located outside Dallas County, unless more than 50 percent of the agency's clients served are residents of Dallas County
- Debt retirement
- Start-up organizations
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Field of Interest Funds: Louis B. and Mary Ratliff Fund for Animal Welfare Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.