Fields Pond Foundation Grant
Fields Pond FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $25,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont Show all
Location of residency: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont Show allView website Save
About this funder:
The primary mission of Fields Pond Foundation is to provide financial assistance to nature and land conservation organizations that are community-based and that serve to increase environmental awareness by involving local residents in conservation issues.
The Foundation's emphasis stems from its founding Directors' beliefs that the conservation of special places in our environment, and providing public accessibility to those conservation areas, is a desirable end in itself; but it is also a means of building public support for future land and river conservation by increasing the direct connection between individuals and their environment, and fostering active participation in the work of conservation. The Foundation hopes to nurture such efforts by making grants under the following priorities:
- Project grants for trailmaking and other enhancement of public access to conservation lands, rivers, coastlines and other natural resources;
- Land acquisition for conservation;
- Assistance in establishment of endowments as a means of funding stewardship of newly protected conservation areas; and
- Directly related education programs and publications as components of a land protection project.
Grant Size and Type
The expected range of grants is $500 to $25,000, with most falling within the range of $2,000 to $10,000. The Foundation is willing to consider multiple-year grants.
Whenever possible we seek to expand the impact of limited funds through challenge grants, conditional grants, matching grants, and special initiatives, and by collaborating with other donors in joint funding efforts.
We welcome joint applications by two or more organizations coordinating their efforts on a single project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a tax-exempt organizations under IRS under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and "not a private foundation" under Section 509(a).
- Our regular grantmaking programs are presently limited to organizations in New England and upper New York State.
- The Foundation encourages proposals from municipal government agencies.
- The Foundation may also consider short-term loans to conservation groups for the purpose of acquiring conservation lands.
- As a normal practice, the Foundation is unlikely to make the following kinds of grants:
- support for deficits, for routine operating budgets or general appeals, or where the Foundation may become the predominant source of an organization's funding.
- for funding efforts usually supported by public subscription or through national appeals, or for purposes which are generally understood to be the responsibility of government.
- support for sectarian religious activities.
- to individuals, such as for personal needs, welfare, travel, or research.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fields Pond Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.