Fire Prevention Grant Program
FM Global FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Later deadlines: Jul 31, 2019, Nov 30, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Fire Prevention Grant Program
Putting Our Money To Work to Reduce Fire Risk.
Because we believe that the majority of fire can be prevented, FM Global is pleased to offer financial support to organizations working to combat fire. Through our new Fire Prevention Grant Program, fire departments and brigades, as well as national, state, regional, local and community organizations can apply for funding to support a wide array of fire prevention, preparedness and control efforts, including prefire planning, fire prevention education/training and arson prevention/fire investigation.
What can I apply for?
Funding requests will be considered to help support organizations working to combat fire for a wide array of fire prevention, preparedness and control efforts. Here are some examples to use as a guide:
- Prefire Planning (computer software programs, laptops)
- Fire Prevention Education/Training (community outreach initiatives, workshops, publications)
- Arson Prevention/Fire Investigation (juvenile firesetter programs, continuing education courses, digital and specialized cameras, accelerant detection equipment)
How much should I apply for?
Although there is no limit on how much funding you can apply for, this grant program is designed to provide seed money to help support your fire prevention, preparedness and control efforts.
Do I need to provide matching funds?
Matching funds are not required, but sometimes only partial funding of a request will be awarded. Applicants may need to contribute additional funds to supplement their award. You may only be able to purchase some of the items or may need to look for a less expensive model of the product you applied for.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible?
- Any organization or agency around the world that supports fire prevention can apply for an FM Global Fire Prevention Grant; however, funds must be used for public purposes.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply for applicants based in the United States, Canada and other countries.
- For applicants based in the United States:
- Applicants must be a governmental unit of a city, town, county, state, commonwealth, the District of Columbia, possession of the United States, the United States itself or any political subdivision as described in Section 170(b)(1)(A)(v) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code or a 501(c)(3) or (4) tax-exempt organization under the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code.
- For applicants based in Canada:
- Applicants must be a governmental unit of a city, town, county, province, territory, Canada itself, or any political subdivision thereof or a registered charity under Section 149(1)(f) of the Income Tax Act of Canada.
- For applicants based in any country other than the United States and Canada:
- Applicants must demonstrate that their organization operates exclusively as a fire service unit, or a national, state, regional, local, or community organization that supports fire prevention under the laws of the country in which the organization is located.
- What can I not apply for?
- Funding requests for salaries, motor–powered vehicles (fire apparatus, automobiles), building projects, and equipment or training related to fire suppression, for example, will not be considered.
- In addition, service contracts on equipment and software, equipment for incidents related to hazardous material, carbon monoxide detectors and CPR equipment/training do not fall within the scope of the fire prevention grant program.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fire Prevention Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.