Firedoll Foundation: Middle East Peace Grants
The Firedoll Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Capital Project
Location of project: Israel; Palestine, State of
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Firedoll Foundation is a private family foundation founded by two unrepentant liberals from the 60's who still believe in the motto, "If you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
The Peace Process in the Middle East
We believe that both the Palestinian and Jewish people have a legitimate claim to their common homeland, and that a just and lasting resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is possible. The Firedoll Foundation funds organizations which agree that the people of Palestine and Israel have the right to share their ancient homeland in peace and security.
Given the dire conditions in the Occupied Palestinian Territories at this time, our current funding focus is on humanitarian assistance, economic development, and support of civil society in the West Bank and Gaza; support to organizations defending the internationally recognized human rights of the Palestinians living under occupation; and support of organizations working to end the Occupation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- What we fund:
- 501(c)(3) organizations
- Non-private foundations under Section 509(a)(1), (2) or (3)
- Fiscally-sponsored organizations are welcome to apply
- Capital campaigns (rarely)
- General support (existing grantees)
- Research directly supportive of currently funded projects (see Current Grantees)
- Projects with clear, discrete deliverables at the end of the grant year are the strongest contenders.
- What we do not fund:
- Organizations with budgets less than $150,000 dollars
- General support for first time applicants
- Most Research
- Wild animal rescue and rehab
- Climate Change
- Pet rescue and rehab
- Community leadership development
- Youth development (other than aid for emancipated foster youth)
- In San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, or San Mateo County
- Films, videos, documentaries, books, websites, other media
- San Francisco Bay restoration and conservation projects
- Start-up or seed funding for organizations or projects new to Firedoll Foundation
- Large-scope, long-term initiatives (we prefer discrete projects with concrete end-of-year deliverables)
- Wordy, jargon-laced, over-packed proposals
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Firedoll Foundation: Middle East Peace Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.