Firedoll Foundation: Traumatic Brain Injury Grants
The Firedoll Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Solano County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Firedoll Foundation is a private family foundation founded by two unrepentant liberals from the 60's who still believe in the motto, "If you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
Survivors of Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury is an "orphan" disability in the United States. We have not come to grips with the numbers of survivors of TBI, and our knowledge of the physical, emotional, and economic impacts of this disability on individuals, their families and society is sorely deficient.
The Firedoll Foundation supports community-based, post-acute services for TBI survivors, especially programs that allow survivors to participate in and contribute to society. We support such programs in California in particular.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- What we fund:
- 501(c)(3) organizations
- Non-private foundations under Section 509(a)(1), (2) or (3)
- Fiscally-sponsored organizations are welcome to apply
- Projects in California: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Mateo, San Francisco, and Solano Counties only.
- Capital campaigns (rarely)
- General support (existing grantees)
- Research directly supportive of currently funded projects (see Current Grantees)
- Projects with clear, discrete deliverables at the end of the grant year are the strongest contenders.
- What we do not fund:
- Organizations with budgets less than $150,000 dollars
- General support for first time applicants
- Most Research
- Wild animal rescue and rehab
- Climate Change
- Pet rescue and rehab
- Community leadership development
- Youth development (other than aid for emancipated foster youth)
- Films, videos, documentaries, books, websites, other media
- San Francisco Bay restoration and conservation projects
- Start-up or seed funding for organizations or projects new to Firedoll Foundation
- Large-scope, long-term initiatives (we prefer discrete projects with concrete end-of-year deliverables)
- Wordy, jargon-laced, over-packed proposals
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Firedoll Foundation: Traumatic Brain Injury Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.