Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Grants
Firehouse Subs Public Safety FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $15,000 - US $25,000
Next deadline: Nov 13, 2019 2:00pm PST
Later deadlines: Feb 27, 2020 2:00pm PST, May 22, 2020 2:00pm PDT, Aug 28, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Capital Project
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation was founded in 2005 in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Firehouse Subs co-founders, Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, traveled to Mississippi where they fed first responders as well as survivors. As they traveled back to Florida exhausted and exhilarated, they knew we could do more and the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation was born.
To impact the life‐saving capabilities, and the lives, of local heroes and their communities.
Provide first responders with live-saving equipment.
Examples: Vehicle extrication tools, automated external defibrillators (AEDs), bunker gear, thermal imaging cameras, automated chest compression systems, vehicle stabilization struts, bullet-proof vests, all-terrain vehicles, fire hosesLife-Saving Equipment
Provide prevention education tools to the public about the importance of public safety in order to prevent disasters in the home and community.
Examples: Fire extinguisher training systems, inflatable fire safety houses, prevention education materials, programming initiatives to focus on issues such as DUI education, carbon monoxide poisoning, CPR training and accessibility and other relevant safety issues.
Scholarships and Continued Education
Provide financial resources or continued education to individuals pursuing a career in public safety.
Example: Partner with schools on scholarship programs for individuals pursuing/advancing their career in the public safety sector.
Provide assistance and resources during and after natural and man‐made disasters such as fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc.
Examples: Feed first responders and survivors and provide life-saving equipment to first responders to help them better prepare for any future disasters.
Support for Members of the Military
Benefit men and women of the military who have served their country in any of the branches of the United States Uniformed Services.
Find a list of commonly requested equipment here.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant organization must be public safety organizations (examples: fire department, police department, military entity, school, registered non-profit, etc.).
- Applicant organizations should be located within 60 miles from a Firehouse Subs restaurant.
- That said, 60 miles is a guideline. While it is important to support restaurant communities where the money is raised the Board of Directors recognizes the need of rural and volunteer departments throughout the country and will consider the application.
- The Foundation does consider request for partial funding, however, the balance of funds must already be secured and outlined within your grant request.
- At this time individual grants are not within our funding guidelines. Our Board of Directors prefers to partner with schools on scholarship programs for individuals pursuing/advancing their career in the public safety sector.
- Requests for event sponsorships, exercise equipment, and family support services are valid needs but not a funding area our Foundation serves.
- Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation does not accept grant requests for "use of force" items such as guns or tasers.
- Examples of items that are not supported by our board of directors at this time include power load systems, exercise equipment, radar detectors and use of force equipment.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.