Native Agriculture & Food Systems Scholarship
First Nations Development Institute
Grant amount: US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 4, 2019 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Exclusive to minorities: Yes
Minimum GPA: 2.75View website Save Need help writing this grant?
At First Nations Development Institute (First Nations), we believe that reclaiming control over local food systems is an important step toward ensuring the long-lasting health and economic well-being of Native people and communities. Native food-system control has the potential to increase food production, improve health and nutrition, and eliminate food insecurity in rural and reservation-based communities, while also promoting entrepreneurship and economic development.
The purpose of the Native Agriculture and Food Systems Scholarship Program is to encourage more Native American college students to enter these fields so that they can better assist their communities with these efforts. First Nations will award five $1,000 scholarships for the upcoming academic school year to Native American college students majoring in agriculture and agriculture-related fields, including but not limited to:
- agribusiness management,
- agriscience technologies,
- animal husbandry,
- environmental studies,
- fisheries and wildlife,
- food production and safety,
- food-related policy and legislation,
- food science and technology,
- irrigation science,
- nutrition education, and
- sustainable agriculture or food systems.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student majoring in an agricultural-related field, or be able to demonstrate how their degree program relates to Native food systems.
- Applicant must be tribally-affiliated and able to provide documentation.
- Applicant must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75.
- Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to helping his/her community reclaim local food-system control.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Native Agriculture & Food Systems Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.