FSBI Research Grants
Fisheries Society of the British IslesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £6,000
Next deadline: Jan 1, 2020
Later deadlines: May 1, 2020 3:59pm PDT, Sep 1, 2020 3:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- The Wyn Wheeler Research Grant Fund was created at the behest of the Society's former Newsletter Editor, Terry Langford. The aim of this grant is to provide members with financial support for their continued activity in fish biology following retirement from full-time employment. The Wyn Wheeler Research Grant Fund is open to bids for up to £6000 per project.
- Small Research Grants are available on a competitive basis to FSBI members for research in any field of study relevant to fish biology and to the Society’s objectives. The Small Research Grant scheme is open to bids for up to £5000 per project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants:
- Applicants for a Wyn Wheeler Grant must be members who are retired from full-time employment.
- Research grant competitions are open to any member of the Society, regardless of their geographical location.
- Eligible projects:
- Projects examining the influence of non-fish taxa on fish biology through interactions are eligible (e.g. bitterling/mussel interactions
- effects of parasites on fish health
- impacts of fish-eating birds on fish populations
- impacts of invasive crayfish on fish behaviour), but the focus of the research must be fish biology
- Eligible costs:
- Items directly relevant to the project, including:
- Special items of equipment
- Field work expenses (including work abroad)
- Computing costs peculiar to the project
- Cost of hiring short-term assistance
- Specialist books such as identification keys
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Research grant competitions are open to any member of the Society, regardless of their geographical location, but to be eligible you must be a paid up FSBI member at the time of making a grant application.
- Researchers at the start of their careers, including holders of a FSBI studentship, will be favoured in competitions for Small Research Grants.
- Ineligible costs:
- Purchase of computers for general use
- Travel to conferences (for which support may be available under the FSBI Travel Grants programme)
- Salary of the applicant
- Publishing costs
- Other related costs and any form of administrative overheads incurred by the applicant
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FSBI Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.