Fiskars Project Orange Thumb Garden Grants
Grant amount: Up to US $3,500 in in-kind support
Anticipated deadline: Feb 2, 2019 9:59pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Project Orange Thumb is a community garden grant program that provides tools and resources to help communities reach their goals for collaboration, neighborhood beautification, and healthy, sustainable food sources. Fiskars has provided over $1.6 million to more than 180 community groups since the program started in 2002. The application is open to non-profit organizations in North America late in the year and grant recipients are announced in spring of the following year.
Thanks for your interest in the Fiskars Project Orange Thumb Grant Program. We’ll choose 30 recipients from this year’s applicants to receive $3,500 in gift cards and tools to help support their goals of neighborhood beautification and horticulture education.
The Project Orange Thumb team looks for organizations committed to the long-term success of gardens that will promote healthy and sustainable food sources, community collaboration and neighborhood beautification.
Examples of new garden initiatives and garden expansion initiatives Project Orange Thumb has supported in the past:
- Gardens that grow produce for school meal programs
- Gardens created to increase environmental and agricultural education in the community
- Gardens donating produce to hunger relief programs
- Gardens for nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and related facilities
- Gardens created to aid in healthy eating and lifestyle educational programs
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In order to be eligible for a Project Orange Thumb grant, the garden initiative must be for a not-for-profit or 501(c)(3) organization within North America that has not received a Project Orange Thumb grant in the past.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fiskars Project Orange Thumb Garden Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.