Arts & Culture – Small Arts Grants
Fleishhacker FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2020 11:59pm PST
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 15, 2020 11:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Sonoma County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Sonoma County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The majority of the Foundation’s arts grantmaking takes place through this program. Grants between $1,000 and $10,000 are made to support a range of artistic efforts within the following disciplines:
- interdisciplinary arts,
- visual arts, and
- film and media arts (see special instructions for filmmakers)
The Foundation is open to funding what others may not, or coming in at the early stages of a program or project when funding is harder to secure.
The particular emphasis of the Small Arts Grants Program is to support the development and presentation of the work of living Bay Area artists. Innovative new work is the priority. Grants may be awarded for:
- artists’ fees for creative time;
- production costs for performances, post production costs for film projects;
- exhibition/installation costs for visual, media, or interdisciplinary arts projects;
- activities that contribute to overall artistic development; and
- efforts to strengthen an organization’s artistic impact within the community and/or an artistic discipline.
The Foundation seeks to fund a broad range of arts groups during the course of each year. It strives to make grants that represent a diversity of arts disciplines, aesthetic sensibilities, and forms of cultural expression. The Foundation priorities grant requests which best support working artists.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be:
- Arts and cultural organizations incorporated as not-for-profit 501c3;
- Organizations residing and offering programming in San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties;
- Able to demonstrate a consistent artistic presence in the Bay Area for at least 3 years;
- Of annual budget size between $100,000 and $750,000;
- Filmmakers residing in San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties;
- Film projects with budgets under $750,000, under fiscal sponsorship of a nonprofit organization.
- The Small Arts Grants program is designed to support a variety of organizations over time, rather than to provide annual funding for a specific group of organizations.
- After several years of applications, groups are encouraged to take a break for a year or two before applying again.
- Organizations may not apply more than once a year.
- Applications to mount historical works by artists no longer living will not be considered, unless there is a significant new artistic voice that is shaping the project (e.g. composer, choreographer, director, or playwright).
- Not eligible are:
- Programs/projects for youth training in the arts, youth ensembles and performances, exhibitions of youth artwork, and productions designed for youth;
- Artist residency programs;
- Programs/projects whose fundamental purpose or benefit falls within the social services, health, youth, or community development fields;
- Individuals (unless conducting a significant project under the sponsorship of an eligible nonprofit organization);
- Organizations and filmmakers based outside San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties;
- Deficit financing, fund-raising events, endowment campaigns, and capital campaigns.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Arts & Culture – Small Arts Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.