Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts
Predicted deadline: Sep 10, 2024 8:59pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $30,000
Fields of work: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Early Childhood Development Educational Access & Equity Art & Culture Adult Education Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in Massachusetts: Franklin County, Hampden County, Hampshire County
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
We are excited to announce 2023 round of Flexible Funding, which will provide general operating support to nonprofits that benefit our region.
There will be a minimum of $2,000,000 for this grant opportunity with a goal of awarding at least 75% of the funds to organizations aligned with the Foundation’s stated strategic focus areas. This opportunity will award grants of $30,000 to support organizations for calendar year with the expectation that awarded funds will be expended by December 31, 2024. Organizations may choose how to apply the funds to their operations, i.e., programs, operating support, etc.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations must have IRS designated 501(c)(3) status or an established fiscal sponsorship and must substantially benefit residents in Franklin, Hampden and/or Hampshire counties.
- As part of the Foundation’s strategic vision, preference will be given to organizations, who missions are in the following areas:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in workplaces and institutions, prioritizing racial equity.
- A strong start for all children though high-quality early education and care.
- Accessible and more affordable post-secondary education and training, providing pathways to completion and employment.
- A vibrant and local arts and creativity ecosystem to support self-expression, economic vitality and connection.
- Preference will also be given to organizations where leadership is racially diverse.
- Funding cannot support the following:
- Expenses that occur outside the 6-month funding timeframe
- Grants to individuals
- Sectarian or religious organizations unless as a fiscal sponsor for a broad community benefit
- Activities directly or indirectly that influence legislation or election campaigns; activities related to influencing government policies, permitting or regulations will not be considered.
- Higher education scholarships
- Academic research
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”