Florida Forest Legacy Grant Program
Florida Forest Service
Grant amount: Up to US $6,500,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 1, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Florida: Alachua County, Baker County, Bay County, Bradford County, Brevard County, Calhoun County, Charlotte County, Clay County, Collier County, Columbia County, DeSoto County, Dixie County, Duval County, Escambia County, Flagler County, Franklin County, Gadsden County, Gilchrist County, Glades County, Gulf County, Hamilton County, Hardee County, Hendry County, Highlands County, Holmes County, Indian River County, Jackson County, Jefferson County, Lafayette County, Lake County, Lee County, Leon County, Levy County, Liberty County, Madison County, Marion County, Nassau County, Okaloosa County, Orange County, Putnam County, Santa Rosa County, Seminole County, St. Johns County, Suwannee County, Taylor County, Union County, Volusia County, Wakulla County, Walton County, Washington County Expand all
Location of residency: FloridaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Forest Legacy Program (FLP) is a U.S. Forest Service (USFS) grant program whose purpose is to protect environmentally important forest areas that are threatened by conversion to non-forest uses and, through the use of voluntary conservation easements and fee simple purchases, to promote forestland protection and other conservation opportunities.
Forestlands not only supply timber products, but also provide wildlife habitat, watershed protection, and recreation and aesthetic values. The rapid development of Florida’s forest areas to non-forest uses poses an ever-increasing threat to maintaining the state's valuable forestlands. Fragmentation and parcelization across our state are resulting in the loss of these valuable ecosystems and the biological, economic and social values they provide.
The Forest Legacy Program benefits landowners and conservation in the state.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Application Criteria:
- Willing Landowner: Landowner must provide written expression of interest.
- Sufficient Forest Cover or Potential: Consistent with FLP guidelines. Sustainable Forestry based on FNAI Florida Forever Sustainable Forestry layer.
- Forest Legacy Area: Land must fall within an approved FLA.
- Must fall within one or more of the data layers described under Selection Criteria, 1 through 7. (quantitative only)
- Partnerships & Local Match: Partnerships with local, state, or other conservation groups providing at least 25% of project costs from non-federal cash or inkind.
- Priority consideration will be given to threatened forest lands which have important values.
- These values will be defined with the assistance of the Public Participation Process, and may include such things as the ability of the forest to protect water quality, fish and wildlife habitat, recreation, timber production, rare communities, or scenic and aesthetic values.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Florida Forest Legacy Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.