FMG Agriculture Scholarships
Farmers Mutual Group (FMG)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to NZ $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: New Zealand
Location of residency: New Zealand
Minimum GPA: 4.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
FMG has its roots firmly planted in rural New Zealand, which is why you’ll find that we're different when it comes to insurance. We were started in 1905 by farmers for farmers and today we’re still 100% New Zealand owned by our rural clients.
Giving rural New Zealand a better deal is our core purpose and we live by an advice-led approach to help you identify and avoid interruptions to your farm, business and in your personal life.
Each year we help two promising agriculture students starting their first year at university. We'll put $5000 towards your course fees for each year of your undergraduate degree at Lincoln, Massey or Waikato Universities.
The scholarship amount of $5000.00 per annum will be paid for three consecutive years, subject to all terms being met. For undergraduate degrees that are equivalent to four years full-time study, this may, at FMG’s sole discretion, be extended to a maximum of four consecutive years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only students entering their first year of the following degree courses full-time at either Lincoln, Waikato or Massey University are eligible for an FMG Agriculture Scholarship:
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of AgriScience
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of AgriCommerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Agriculture)
- Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology
- Bachelor of Science (Agriculture or AgriTech)
- Management Studies (Agribusiness)
- Agribusiness and Food Marketing
- Land and Property Management (Rural)
- The FMG Scholarship is subject to renewal at the beginning of each academic year.
- In order to continue receiving payments, scholarship recipients must maintain at least a 4.0 (B-) grade point average.
- Recipients must disclose to FMG any other scholarships awarded during the term of their FMG Agriculture Scholarship.
- If the recipient has been awarded a scholarship that provides the same offer as FMG’s Agriculture Scholarship (i.e. tuition), FMG may withdraw its scholarship at its sole discretion.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the FMG Agriculture Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.