Threatened Animal Species Fund
Grant amount: Up to €8,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 2, 2019 (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- protection and rehabilitation of particular ecosystems on the grounds of their rich biodiversity or other environmental or human significance (in the protection of particular species; as sources of non-timber products; to combat erosion or desertification; as water abstraction areas, etc.);
- protection of animal and plant species, including combating poaching and trafficking;
- greenhouse gas mitigation and/or adaptation to climate change.
Special fund: ‘Conservation of threatened animal species’
Since 2008, the Foundation's special fund for the conservation of threatened animal species has enabled numerous species in danger across the world to be protected.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Basic criteria:
- Your project contributes to protecting one or more threatened animal species according to the IUCN classification (‘Critically Endangered’ or ‘Endangered’).
- The duration of the grant requested is from one to two years.
- The funding requested does not exceed € 8 000.
- The funding requested does not exceed 50% of the total project budget.
- Additional Criteria:
- Your project is in line with the national strategy of the intervention country.
- Your NGO and/or your implementing partner must be registered and allowed to work in the intervention country.
- The project is participatory and partnership-based: it is designed and implemented in conjunction with the relevant populations and with recognized local and/or international partners, and fosters capacity building.
- The project activities are concrete and sustainable, with measurable results.
- Your application contains a detailed overall budget (in euros), indicating the costs to be covered by Fondation Ensemble, including administrative costs (10% maximum) that incorporate head office support costs.
- Your application indicates the names of all donors and their confirmed or expected contributions.
- The proposal must be written in French or in English.
- Your organization must have been in existence for at least two full years.
- The Foundation does not provide funding for university research projects, theses, or doctorates.
- It does not award scholarships.
- The Foundation does not provide funding for publications, conferences, translations, or exhibitions.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Threatened Animal Species Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.