Endangered Animal Species Small Grant Fund
Fondation EnsembleSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to €8,000
Deadline: Feb 1, 2020 (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Fondation Ensemble is a private, state-approved Foundation, set up in 2004 by Gérard Brémond and his wife, Jacqueline Délia Brémond. Since 2008, the Foundation's special fund for the conservation of threatened animal species has enabled numerous species in danger across the world to be protected.
Focus Sector: Biodiversity Conservation
The sixth great extinction of species (1000 to 10 000 times faster than during the last century) is unfolding inexorably before our eyes. Over the last 40 years, half of the world's animal species have been lost. The blame lies squarely with loss of plant and animal habitats, climate change, overharvesting of resources vulnerable to various forms of trafficking, and the introduction of invasive species. It is all happening very quickly. Ecosystems are being destabilized, and nature is under threat. But if we come to her aid, nature can still develop some astonishing resources.
Scope of the Projects Funded
In this sector of intervention, the Foundation funds terrestrial and marine biodiversity conservation projects (fauna and flora) that bring sustainable social, economic and environmental benefits, particularly for the poorest communities and that contribute to protecting threatened species.
The projects funded by the Foundation take the following factors into account:
- protection and rehabilitation of particular ecosystems on the grounds of their rich biodiversity or other environmental or human significance (in the protection of particular species; as sources of non-timber products; to combat erosion or desertification; as water abstraction areas, etc.);
- protection of animal and plant species, including combating poaching and trafficking;
- greenhouse gas mitigation and/or adaptation to climate change.
Special fund: ‘Conservation of threatened animal species’
Since 2008, the Foundation's special fund for the conservation of threatened animal species has enabled numerous species in danger across the world to be protected.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Basic criteria:
- Your project contributes to protecting one or more threatened animal species according to the IUCN classification (‘Critically Endangered’ or ‘Endangered’).
- The duration of the grant requested is from one to two years.
- The funding requested does not exceed € 8 000.
- The funding requested does not exceed 50% of the total project budget.
- Additional Criteria:
- Your project is in line with the national strategy of the intervention country.
- Your NGO and/or your implementing partner must be registered and allowed to work in the intervention country.
- The project is participatory and partnership-based: it is designed and implemented in conjunction with the relevant populations and with recognized local and/or international partners, and fosters capacity building.
- The project activities are concrete and sustainable, with measurable results.
- Your application contains a detailed overall budget (in euros), indicating the costs to be covered by Fondation Ensemble, including administrative costs (10% maximum) that incorporate head office support costs.
- Your application indicates the names of all donors and their confirmed or expected contributions.
- The proposal must be written in French or in English.
- Your organization must have been in existence for at least two full years.
- The Foundation does not provide funding for university research projects, theses, or doctorates.
- It does not award scholarships.
- The Foundation does not provide funding for publications, conferences, translations, or exhibitions.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Endangered Animal Species Small Grant Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.