Fondation SegréSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Fondation Segré is committed to help protect the biodiversity of our planet through the active conservation of threatened species and their habitat and the restoration of degraded ecosystems.
About Fondation Segré
Fondation Segré was established in 1996, initially with a very broad scope: to promote humanitarian, scientific, educational, artistic and environmental projects. For the first ten years, we committed funds in each of these fields. However, acting as a simple donor did not give us the feeling of having a real impact. For this, we had to narrow our areas of interest and select specific projects in which we could play an active, decisive role.
Conservation of nature and of biodiversity emerged as the predominant interest. Our focus is the protection of species, which are the building blocks of nature, and their habitats.
Our strategic priorities
Fondation Segré will pursue its mission through the following strategic priorities:
- Favour the long term viability of wild populations and control factors affecting their decline.
- Support all efforts to maintain, restore and protect critical habitats and functional ecosystems.
- Support captive breeding of endangered species and their reintroduction into the wild.
- Foster the sustainable use of renewable natural resources, notably forests, water, rangelands.
- Improve the efficacy and implementation of national and international legislation on biodiversity conservation, taking into account stakeholders.
- Support educational activities, in particular specialized training of technical staff.
- Cooperate with the relevant regulatory and enforcement institutions to prevent and mitigate the impact of illegal hunting and trading of wildlife.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Individuals may apply but those who are supported by an organisation will be preferred.
- Please note that Fondation Segré does not fund PhD nor research projects.
- Awareness raising, education, alternative livelihood and research activities will only be accepted if part of a broader conservation project.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fondation Segré by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.