Suggest an update
Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project:
Anywhere in the world
Location of residency:
Anywhere in the world
Need help writing this grant?
Our Vulnerable Planet
Our Planet is changing rapidly, for the worse. The human species shows little respect for landscapes, oceans and the animal world. Accommodating an expanding world population is the root of the problem. Productive capacity is stretched while at the same time incredible waste occurs. Agriculture claims a growing part of our water resources but our increasing population lives with severe water stress. The consequences for nature and biodiversity are dramatic.
The need for active “intervention” to protect biodiversity is acute and ongoing. There is strong evidence that good management and direct action can stem some losses. Such intervention must be designed in ways that achieve tangible results and improve prospects for the future. Our Foundation strives to contribute to this collective effort.
Our Engagement for Nature
When I established Fondation Segré in 1996, I gave it a very broad scope: to promote humanitarian, scientific, educational, artistic and environmental projects. For the first ten years, we committed funds in each of these fields. However, acting as a simple donor did not give us the feeling of having a real impact. For this, we had to narrow our areas of interest and select specific projects in which we could play an active, decisive role.
Conservation of nature and of biodiversity emerged as the predominant interest. Our focus is the protection of species, which are the building blocks of nature, and their habitats.
The Foundation undertakes directly conservation projects or, alternatively offers financial support to partner organisations. In this case, projects are developed jointly with the partners to set the terms and conditions and the time horizon, which can extend over several years.
Fondation Segré is committed to help protect the biodiversity of our planet through the active conservation of threatened species and their habitat and the restoration of degraded ecosystems.
Our strategic priorities
Fondation Segré will pursue its mission through the following strategic priorities:
- Favour the long term viability of wild populations and control factors affecting their decline.
- Support all efforts to maintain, restore and protect critical habitats and functional ecosystems.
- Support captive breeding of endangered species and their reintroduction into the wild.
- Foster the sustainable use of renewable natural resources, notably forests, water, rangelands.
- Improve the efficacy and implementation of national and international legislation on biodiversity conservation, taking into account stakeholders.
- Support educational activities, in particular specialized training of technical staff.
- Cooperate with the relevant regulatory and enforcement institutions to prevent and mitigate the impact of illegal hunting and trading of wildlife.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fondation Segré by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.